NO DELIVERY RECEIPTS

Since getting our liscense for free version, we are not getting delivery receipts. No amount of changing in the Account settings or on the actual email resolves this problem. Programme updated this morning and still no delivery receipts. Only receive read receits. This is not acceptable. Using eM client for telkomsa.net email.

Same problem after re-installation version 7.2.35128.0! I hope things can be fixed? Before that it worked perfect! Was all updated to version 7.2.34711.0. 

After re-installing to older version and then updated to version 7.2.34711.0 problems are still the same!

7 days has past and no help received with this issue. Really??? What is the use of reporting a problem and you dont get help.
Seriously guys, PLEASE HELP

I like EMClient very much! I present it to other people where i can. But now some things fail strongly. I hope EMClient will help us! It also for there own benefits?

Experiencing the same problem although when I send via my icloud email I get a delivery message.  It doesn’t work for gmail.com, mail.com, btinternet.com and zoho.com  

Really would like a definitive answer to this problem.

Stopped using outlook because em client got good reviews?

Please help.

Still no resolution and still no delivery receipt.  Best to cancel my subscription with em client. revert back to outlook (it does what i want) and give appropriate review.

Hello all,

Firstly, I’d like to point out that this is a community forum and it’s not being regularly checked by eM Client admins. If you already have a PRO licence, please feel free to submit a ticket at: https://support.emclient.com where my colleagues will answer you usually within 24 hours during work days.

Secondly, the delivery receipts don’t fully depend on the sender’s client (eM Client) but more likely on the recipient’s webmail/client. When the recipient receives an email with read/delivery receipts request, it’s up to the webmail/client to either send the receipt, ask the user for permission or don’t show the request at all. For example, eM Client is protecting the user’s privacy and never send a receipt on it’s own. It always asks for the permission to send the receipt.

If you have a feeling that you were receiving receipts from the specific address before update, which is now not responding, please let me know and I’ll forward it for testing.

Russel 

Dear Russell

Thank you for the feedback.

We use to receive delivery receipts from specific email addresses before the update / free liscense activation.
Now I only get read receipts from these specific email addresses.
(We not receiving any delivery receipts).

**As these are all business communications, I need to have proof of delivery.

All emails sent now does not give me receive a delivery receipt and I have tested it by sending emails to my private email and the same happens…no delivery receipt even if I do get the email on my private email.

Please assist to get this resolved.

Thanking you in advance.

Dear Russel,

Similar to the post of ‘I don’t know why’ and underlining your sentence 
“If you have a feeling that you were receiving receipts from the specific address before update, which is now not responding, please let me know and I’ll forward it for testing” i don’t have any feelings, no, i have proof that this is the case.
Thank you in advance for resolving.

I have the same problem. I suggest to you to use other e-mail client to use this feature. Thunderbierd is more popular and free.

Unless you get a message from the server to indicate otherwise, your email has been delivered to the recipient’s mail server. This makes the delivery receipt option redundant. It is anybody’s guess why some email clients still offer this option! :wink:

I have same problem.

Unless you get a message from the server to indicate otherwise, your email  has  been delivered to the recipient’s mail server.

Ok, but what about the reading receipts?

You can set a read receipt, but the reply is always optional on the receiver’s side. I think most people are like me; we just ignore the request. ;-) 

You can also set both automatically for all messages, but again if the receiver decides not to send the receipt, you will never know.

I set it up.
But I never get receipts.
I tried it with my other email (both are gmail) but I didn’t get. (I send an email from eM Client to my other gmail adress.)

Here are two examples of the same message sent from eM Client requesting a read receipt. The first is received in eM Client, and the second is received in Thunderbird. So it is working.

The read receipt is working, but it is only as good as the receiver’s willingness to click on the button/link and send it. 

A delivery receipt is deprecated and as far as I know most servers will not send one, but an un-deliverable notification is still in use. So unless you get a message from the server to say it could not be delivered, your email  has  been delivered to the recipient’s mail server. There is no need to request one.