Newest Update makes eM Client Garbage

eM Client was working great, I had two accounts running through it, an Old Hotmail account and a newer Yahoo Account provided by a web provider.

Update was forced on us, version 9.1.2109. And now nothing works.

The Yahoo Account won’t stop synching. For hours. I’ve removed and added the account multiple times, same issue.

Now the Hotmail Account is getting denied from other servers. Errors : The mail client submitted this message with bare line feeds, which cannot be sent via SMTP protocol DATA command and receiving system does not support BDAT.

This is terrible. My cell phone checks emails in seconds, not hours. It makes me look bad at work, like I can’t even use basic email, and now I’m going to uninstall this hot garbage fire mess of an app.

If you are comfortable executing these steps, give this a try:

(1) Delete any installation files you have downloaded.
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place.
(3) If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client
(4) Download and install the latest version from Release History from HERE

This is caused by AVG/Avast inserting unsupported text/formatting into the messages you send. Please completely disable the antivirus application, and try send again.

1 Like

Yes agree with @Gary this smtp bounced back error is usually (related to an optional installed programs) like Antivirus or Combo Antivirus / Security programs that eg: inserts or adds the eg: “bareline feeds” into smtp messages, that then inturn the receiving mail server rejects (as is not supported) by alot of (older mail servers).

So it’s nothing to do with eM Client V9.1.2109.

I and my bro uses a Hotmail and Yahoo accounts in the same eM Client V9.1.2109 and they work perfectly with no sending or receiving issues using stock Windows 10 & 11 PCs.

Note: If you still have this issue with all Optional Antivirus or Combo Antivirus / Firewall programs disabled, then contact the tech support (at the receiving mail server) and advise them of the bounced back error messages. They may need to then upgrade their mail servers or modify them to fix this issue for you to then send ok.