New version 9.2.2202 crashing

Good morning, today I updated to version 9.2.2202 on a Mac OS. As soon as I started using it and sending emails, it kept crashing, and I had to close the application using “force quit.” I tried several times, but the problem occurred every time I launched the application. Has anyone experienced the same issue as me?

I’m personally not getting any cashing with that same eM Client version and Sonoma 14.2.1 OS.

Could be you might possibly have an error in the mail database. You could try manually running the repair via the terminal to see if that fixes it.

(To repair the eM Client database manually for Mac)

Close eM Client and then “open the Terminal app via either Launchpad or Utilities” on the Mac. Then Paste and run the following command.

/Applications/eM\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS/eM\ Client /dbrepair

Lastly reopen eM Client and see if that fixes it.

Thank’s cyberzork, I followed your instructions and reopened the application. Unfortunately, the problem persists… even when I try to simply change the label of an email, the program crashes…!!!
Is there a way to downgrade to the previous version without losing the email configuration? Mybe I’ll solve the problem this way

Yes. The email client crashes when I move messages from the inbox to their respective folders via “Move to Folder” option on the menu. That is the only time, and once it crashes, reopens and repairs, I can move some messages without interruption, but once I close and return after some time, it repeats the same process.

To go back to a previous version without losing data.
Make a backup “Menu”- “Backup”.
Then uninstall the program.
Go to this link: Release History | eM Client
and download the version that worked for you.
Install.
Then go to “Menu”- “File”- “Recover” and you can recover all your contacts, accounts, etc.

1 Like

Ok suggest then as an alternative to downgrading as @Quesito advised how to do above, if you have an eg; IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account and have been making regular eM Client backups either manually or automatically, then either restore a previous recent dated Mac backup via “Menu / File / Restore” and eM will then sync the new message & message folder changes since the restore date,

Or Remove and Readd your account and eM Client will then resync and start new. The new version has a lot of fixes, so I would recommend to try and keep the new version if you can get it working ok.

If it still crashes then could be something to do with the Mac OS version depending on what OS version you have already.

Okay guys, thanks for the advice. Next week, as soon as I’m back in the office, I’ll downgrade following your suggestions, and let’s see if everything goes back to normal. I’ll let you know.
Happy holidays!

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Hello everyone,
Simply, after shutting down the computer on Thursday, today upon startup, emClient checked and repaired the database, and now I no longer have any crash issues. Thanks to everyone for the support. Happy New Year!!