New rule with specific value

Hi! Just found that I can not create a rule for letters, where my name IS NOT in any of fields (To or CC or BCC). Recently I have big amount of SPAM which is sent to some other address and REDIRECTED to my address. Therefore - there is no my address in any To or CC filed. And I would like to do something automated with it. Ether delete it, or just move to SPAM folder marked as read. But I can’t… There is no such condition I can select in Rules Wizard… Is it possible to do it with current build or should I make a New Feature Request?

Thanks a lot in advance!

If you look in the HEADER, what do you see for TO, FROM, CC, etc?
Display the header by right-clicking the message in the message list and selecting “View Mail Header” at the bottom of the list

There are exclusion options a little further in the Rule wizard. Just click Next a few times.

Yes, of course there are all those details.
Can’t post all details because I can not post the message (“Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.” error)

Thank you, but that “exclusion option” just excludes some results from previous filter. It can not be used as a main rule.

Probably should work as a picture

Looking at the header displayed, Is there data in the FROM field that is common to ALL the Redirected spam messages you are receiving?

Of course not :)) Otherwise SPAM would be too easy to prevent! Field From differ each time, that is how spamers are avoiding filtration and blocking by ISPs.

Is there any common information anywhere in the headers of the “redirected” messages?

miércoles 15 diciembre 2021 :: 1528hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Zer0

I do not use Rules other than to sort mail to specific folders, plus I use a separate program to block
SPAM that then sends cleaned mail automatically to eMC.
I use a server side version though there is also a local version that works automatically with both
POP & IMAP- you can free trial from www.firetrust.com
I rarely receive SPAM, perhaps 2 or 3 a month from between 250 to 300 emails per day
As you are possibly aware eMC does not have a specific SPAM filter and relies on the ISP to identify SPAM.

To use Rules within eMC to try to block SPAM, though this is limited and not foolproof…
If there are any common ‘words’ in the SPAM messages you receive, you could perhaps use either/both Rules:
1./ “Move messages with defined words in body to a folder”
2./ “Move messages with defined words in subject to a folder”

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Some letters - I found that all of them was addressed To address that contained my name at GMail, but with @docstoc.com instead of @gmail.com. Those emails I filtered quite easily. But the rest of SPAM was addresset To "myname"@gmail.com"followed by random digits and letters string" as you can see in screenshot above. In case If there was ability to filter all letters that does NOT contain my exact address in To or CC field - it would be quite easy. Except some cases when I have BCC’d letter sent to my colleagues, for example. But that is very rare case, that could be managed somehow else.

Hi @skybat!

Thanks a lot for such a detailed description!

Is that amount after this server?

Actually - I don’t know what happened, there was no such a huge amount of SPAM before… I use to receive 3-4 SPAM letters daily without any sophisticated SPAM filter. But something happened week or two ago, and SPAM flood filled my SPAM folder… Yes, GMail detects is as a SPAM and puts it in corresponding folder for me. But sometimes in SPAM could get some usefull letters, and I have to check them before purge away. And these days this task became real load for my eyes… So I thought that there should be a solution with em-client. That is why I asked here.

miércoles 15 diciembre 2021 :: 1931hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Zer0

The number of emails stated is the number I actually receive - I have been using MailWasher for so long now that
I rarely look to see what has been blocked and or auto deleted - I take the attitude that if something is either blocked or deleted in error, if it was important the sender will make contact.
Mailwasher has a sophisticated learning capability and this combined with a white & blacklist plus RegEx & Plain text filters looks after itself; all these elements can be edited to suit your individual requirements, Mailwasher also uses SpamCop & First Alert

Hope this helps, also, you wonder why you have suddenly started to receive a large amount of SPAM; probably because your email address has been taken from a third party organisation whose system has been hacked.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like