New Emails Do NOT Open When You Click On Them

When I double click on a NEW e-mail, it does NOT Open – I have to double click on it again and sometimes another time before it will OPEN—with emails that I have already opened once, I do NOT have this problem— this is a new problem that just started recently– - it was NOT like this when we started using e-m Clint 9 months ago— I also have the same problem when I try to open  e-M Client-- I have Windows set up so that I am able to click ONCE on any program and it will OPEN BUT e-M Client does NOT respond to clicking once- --I was double clicking on it and it would  open  up BUT NOW just like the e-mails, I  have to double click then double click again and sometimes a 3rd set before it happens

So what is the solution?  Something I can fix or a bug in the last up-date?

Hi Nancy,
I am hearing about this issue for the first time, so there is no fix I could give you right away.
Have you tried restarting your computer ever since this issue started happening?
If so, can you please check if your Internet explorer is up to date, and if so, could you reset it to default settings? (this might not influence the problem with opening the program itself, but the problem within the interface of eM)
Does this happen to any other applications of just eM Client?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia

Yes we had restarted the computer many times since this started happening… and no this  does NOT happen with any other application-- just eM Client… I do NOT use Internet Explorer as my default browser but yes it was up to date and I did reset it to the default settings and  made it as my default browser— ( I was using Mozilla Firefox as my default browser)–and I did not have the problem… I then tried switching the default browser to Google and Safari – and no problem-- I couldn’t find a place in Firefox to reset to the default settings but did uncheck the DO NOT TRACK  OPTION and made Firefox my default browser again— and  didn’t have the  original problem---- I actually then went in and checked the DO NOT TRACK option again and didn’t have the problem–so maybe just playing around with the default browser took care of it-- if it comes back, I will let you know

As for the opening of the program—it turns out I can click on it once and open it BUT it is very very slow in opening–to the point that you think the program is unresponsive BUT I can live with that

thanks for your help

nancy

Hi Nancy,
it does not matter what you use as your default browser, as current version of eM Client uses Internet Explorer core for many of its functions, so resetting it probably did the trick.

Regards,
Olivia