New 8.2 version - lync meetings instead ms teams

Hello everyone,
I just started testing new version of eM Client - especially long awaited on-line meetings feature. Zoom works perfect but I cannot create online meeting with my MS Teams account. Instead of “https://teams.microsoft.com/” links to meeting my calendar create “https://meet.lync.com/” which of course require Skype Meetings. What I am doing wrong?

2 Likes

You are right. I was about to write a similar post. In my case, MS Teams meetings links refer to Skype (same thing as Lync) and not to Teams.

Same here.

I have a free Microsoft Account that i use for Teams. Our Company has no Office/Microsoft-Subscription and we just use the free ones.

Could that be the fault?

same issue here.

On my side, I experienced it with a Microsoft “work” account for teams.
Feel free to contact me in case you’d like more specific details.

Many thanks for working on this!
I love the new (v8.2) feature that integrates Zoom/Teams/Meet.
Kind regards to the whole team.

1 Like

If you would like to supply some logs, that would be useful.

1. Remove the Teams/Skype account from eM Client.

2. Go to Menu > Settings > Advanced > Logging and Clear Logs.

3. Select logging for Online Meeting by ticking so there is a blue box with a tick…

4. Restart eM Client.

5. Setup the Teams account in eM Client and create a new Teams event in your calendar.

6. Go to Menu > Settings > Advanced and choose Send Logs. Send them to [email protected].

Hello Gary,

i just send you the logs.

Greetings

1 Like

Hi Gary,

any update on this? It seems not to be fixed in todays bugfix release.

Kind Regards

This depends on what type of Microsoft account you have.

If you have a Microsoft business account, the Microsoft server will create a Teams event. If you have a personal account, it will create a Skype event.

Hi, I am having the same problem and use a business account, not a personal one. how can I fix it?

This is determined by the Microsoft server, not eM Client.

Probably an idea to contact Microsoft and tell them they are assigning you a personal meeting on your business profile.

Damn you Microsoft…

Would be such a great feature but I have only a personal Microsoft account and I think you can not get a business one without purchasing some Office/Microsoft 365 stuff, right?