my unread inbox emails show read automatically when downloaded but when my eM client is open, the newly arrived unread emails stay bold.

I have made sure that the [tools-settings-mail-read] “show read after 5 seconds box” is unticked so I am at a loss. Is it maybe to do with compatibility issues with my POP3 server?

Hi Stuart,
this setting means that you need to have the message selected/clicked on for 5 seconds before it is marked as read.
You still need to click the messages, they will not be automatically marked as read without any interaction.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia

Thanks for the prompt response. The problem is that when I open eM Client, all new inbox messages since the last download arrive in an opened format i.e. unbolded. They are automatically marked as read without any interaction.

When I have eM Client open, then all new messages arriving “as live” are shown correctly (i.e. bold and unopened until I click on them). So the problem is only with email messages being sent to me and stored on your server then being downloaded when eM Client is first opened (e.g. messages sent to me overnight). Please can you advise. Thanks, Stuart

Hi Stuart,
that should definitely not be happening, do you have any rules set up for your incoming mail in Tools>Rules?
Do you check your mail on any other device prior downloading it to eM Client?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
I have no rules apart from your two standard SPAM and BLACKLIST.

I do not check my mail on any other device prior to downloading onto eM Client so I am very puzzled. Is it to do with my POP3 account?