My Iphone calendar no longer syncs with emclient

My Iphone calendar no longer syncs with emclient. If I uninstall/reinstall, will I lose all my folders and archived emails?

eM Client doesn’t sync directly with your iPhone. Rather it syncs with the iCloud server, and the phone also syncs with the iCloud server.

So you can open the iCloud web interface and check if the calendar there is the same as the one in eM Client. If it is, then eM Client is syncing correctly and the issue will be between the phone and the iCloud server.

If the calendar in eM Client is not the same as the one in the iCloud web interface, then there will probably be an error in syncing. You can right-click on the calendar folder in eM Client and choose Properties > Repair > Repair and see if that corrects it. If it doesn’t, you can go to Menu > Operations > Log tab and look for the CalDAV error.

It used to work properly and now it doesn’t. I don’t know what changed. I’ve right-clicked on every calendar folder I can find and there is not repair option.

I don’t think you read the instructions correctly:

Thank you Gary. It appears that my problem is with syncing between my iPhone and my yahoo calendar. But I repeatedly get a failed due to ‘Bad Request’. Hot mess.

What does this error mean: [CalDAV] Sync of [email protected]/Ann Miller failed due to the following error: [email protected] (Bad Request)

I continue to get the above “Bad Request” error. I’ve run the “repair”, and now emclient calendar is not syncing with my Yahoo calendar (which is syncing properly with my iphone). The repair deleted everything and it’s not repopulated.

The repair deleted everything and it’s not repopulated.

Might just take a few minutes to repopulate the CalDAV calendar from the Yahoo server, similar to when you repair an IMAP mail account.

If it doesn’t repopulate after a few minutes in eM Client, suggest to try removing and re-adding your Yahoo account" (if you haven’t already) via the “automatic wizard” via “Menu / Accounts” which should then normally resync and repopulate your mail & calendar.

I continue to get the above “Bad Request” error. I’ve run the “repair”, and now emclient calendar is not syncing with my Yahoo calendar (which is syncing properly with my iphone). The repair deleted everything and it’s not repopulated

If you still get that CalDAV calendar sync error “after removing & re-adding your Yahoo account”, that might then possibly be related to your eM Client version. There was Yahoo fix updates for eM Client PC and Mac via the release history page a little while ago. So check your version.

Lastly if you still are getting the same CalDAV calendar sync error, then you would need to contact Yahoo technical support for assistance.

Note: Remove the first part of your Yahoo Email address and also your name in the Sync error “you posted further up” for privacy reasons.

Will removing my Yahoo account from EMclient eliminate all my storage folders?

Will removing my Yahoo account from EMclient eliminate all my storage folders?

If your mail folders “are directly under your Yahoo account” then yes they will all come back automatically when you remove and re-add your Yahoo account via the automatic email wizard.

Before removing and re-adding make a manual backup first, just incase you need to restore for any reason.

Click “Menu / Backup” (Pc) or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can see when the backup is complete via clicking Show Operations in the dropdown box on the right of Refresh top left.

Some are right under my email, but others are “local”. No idea what the difference is. I backup regularly but I’m fearful that deleting/reinstating won’t go well. Somehow these things are never as easy as it sounds.

And I can’t find an “automatic email wizard” anywhere.

Some are right under my email, but others are “local”.

If you have an IMAP (Non POP) Yahoo account then all your mail folders setup directly under your mail account will come back automatically as they are all server based cloud mail folders

To check go to “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac) and click on your Yahoo mail account on the left and then see if it has an IMAP tab along the top. If it does, then just remove that account and re-add it.

If you have mail folders setup in eM Client “Local folders” at the bottom left, “those normally don’t get affected” and will stay there even if you remove and re-add an IMAP mail account.

It’s only “if you have a Yahoo POP account” and have mail directly setup under that, where those normally cannot be restored unless you first created a folder down in Local folders at the bottom left called eg: Old Mail and dragged / moved all your current POP account messages and message folders under Old Mail, which then can be dragged / moved back up to your POP mail account when it was re-added again.

I backup regularly but I’m fearful that deleting/reinstating won’t go well.

As you backup regularly, then if anything goes wrong, you can then easily restore if need be via “Menu / File / Restore” (Pc) or “File / Restore” (Mac). As I mentioned in my post previously, make a manual backup before removing & re-adding, just so you have everything backed up to date.

I can’t find an “automatic email wizard” anywhere.

Go the “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac) and click “Add account” at the top and the automatic email wizard will appear.to setup your email account.

If it’s a Yahoo POP account, you go to “Add account / Mail / Other” and follow the manual wizard there. You will know if you have a POP account as you will see a POP tab in your acct.

Note: If you do have a Yahoo POP account and remove and re-add it, at the end of the manual wizard “before you click finish”, you need to choose if you want to “create a separate folder tree for messages” or to “store messages in local folders”. So make sure you choose.

Deleting the account worked and I didn’t lose anything. Whew! It is now working. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like