Multiple Issues - Import Account Wizard, Shared Calendars, Etc

I’m just trying out em Client and it looks pretty good, though I’ve come across multiple issues so far:

1. Import mail from other applications wizard wouldn’t proceed with all of my accounts selected. I have taken a screen recording of this if you are interested. There was no warning or error message, it just wouldn’t proceed until I only selected two of my five e-mail accounts to import.

2. MS Exchange account wasn’t imported correctly from Outlook 2016. A placeholder for the account was imported, but most of the details were missing. Setting this up with your new account wizard worked fine.

3. Your new mail envelope notification icon doesn’t seem to take you to the account with new mail (this is a major annoyance of mine with Outlook, which is even worse because it focuses on the first account I set up).

4. I cannot see a calendar that is shared with me. My partner has a calendar on her account which is shared with me - it’s a hosted MS Exchange account. I can see it fine in Outlook. On my Android phone, I’ve had to install a special app to see this calendar, but your release notes seem to indicate that you support this feature.

5. The reminder window will not let me mark tasks as complete (unless your ‘dismiss all’ does that) and I can’t snooze or dismiss individual tasks (there’s no right click menu).

6. I cannot see notes on the Exchange account - essential if I were to ever ditch Outlook.

7. Is there a way to create a rule that only applies to a single account? For example, if I get an e-mail with ‘Invoice’ in the subject, I’d like to move it to a specific folder on that account - I don’t want e-mails from other accounts placing in that folder. Also, would be nice to to have a ‘create rule from message’ in the right click menu of a message - a bit like Thunderbird.

I am not really an Exchange user, so can’t comment on most of your questions. I am a big fan of Rules, so here goes with number 7. :slight_smile:

Creating a rule applying only to a specific account is possible. Click on New Rule > Apply custom rule on messages I receive > processed with account. Then you can continue as with other rules.

Create rule from message is there. Right click on the sender’s name or address.

“Creating a rule applying only to a specific account is possible. Click on New Rule > Apply custom rule on messages I receive > processed with account. Then you can continue as with other rules.”

Brilliant, thanks for that Gary.

“Create rule from message is there. Right click on the sender’s name or address.”

Thanks - I was clicking on the icon to the left of the from field, rather than the e-mail address itself.

I am also not an Exchange user… but on your question #5, there is a dismiss or snooze for individual items.  To the right of each item there are 2 hard to see icons.  The left one snoozes and the right one dismisses.  I’m not at my windows computer now, so I can’t give you a screenshot.  But it does work.

“To the right of each item there are 2 hard to see icons.” Doh, yes, indeed there are! Thanks for that.

There needs to be another option added for tasks to mark them as complete, plus a ‘mark complete all’ button or similar.

I agree.  Or a “Dismiss” also marks as complete.