Multiple Identities

Does EM Client support muliple identities like in Thunderbird where I can pick the send from email address? I want to be able to pick from either [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]

Sure it will, but you need the pro-version if you want to insert more then 2 accounts. I have 7 accounts for instance and all work fine.

But what about just changing FROM field?

To some business people I use Name Surname, to friends I just use Name, for let’s call them friends from the internet, it’s always Nickname.

I don’t essentially need 4 seperare email accounts just for that (and gmail frowns at such approach greatly).

There is also thunderbird extension that can do just that. So, can you help and implelemnt dropdown menu for FROM Field based on identity (basically add FROM setup in signature setting ) asap?

I have the exact same question. I want to have “from” options from other e-mail addresses I have, as I can do in outlook express and thunderbird without setting up entire additional accounts.

Anyone get onto this as I have 2 identities with my gmail apps account

Hello,
simply set an Alias in your account settings window.

Is there any news on this multiple identity? using alias does not work with gmail as you need to be able to set a different smtp server information for the alias in order to send from a domain name.

The ability in gmail to collect and send email as other domain accounts is great, we just need support for it from emc please. Thunderbird and Postbox handle this.

Hello,

we do not support anything other than Aliases in this matter, but you can choose as who you will send email when composing new one by clicking on small gray arrow next to your email address in new message window.

regards
Jan

OK Jan thank you however, this is not how the GMail “Send as other account” works when you need to send using another SMTP Connection. This is particularly useful when using your own domain in a free gmail account.

As I said it is strange that free versions support this important feature. Could this facility be added to the wishlist please as it would increase the functionality of EMC when using with GMail.

well now I do not understand, free and paid version has same functionality in this and Aliases works for Gmail…

don’t you have it set wrong maybe?

regards
Jan

OK - tell me what I have done wrong then. I have my gmail account setup and working fine within EMC. I want to send a new message not as [email protected] but as [email protected] but I need to setup the smtp server as mail.mydomain.com for the aliase [email protected]

My comment regarding free versions was directed at Thunderbird - they provide this functionality but I prefer EMC,

Hello,

you need to set your alias/es in Gmail’s webmail settings and then in eM Client in Tools - Accounts - your account - General tab - aliases

regards
Jan

Hi Jan, yes you are of course correct, but where do I set the smtp settings for the aliase as I need to send via the smpt settings of the domain not send via gmail.

Jan - do you have a gmail account yourself? if so do you also have a domain name that you own? if so try setting up gmail to collect email via POP3 from your domain name email account.

Then setup gmail to “send as” your domain name, set it as default.

Dont send via gmails servers but send via your own domain name smtp servers. Great everything is now setup in Gmail and will work fine.

However, I have yet to get this to work within EMC. It always sends via the Gmail smtp servers and not my domain ones.

Why would you want to do this? simply because sending as an alias through gmail causes the mail to show “from [email protected] on behalf of [email protected]

I have done quite a bit of setup and testing. Spend ten minutes with Thunderbird or Postbox and you can see the difference. They also have aliase settings (although they call them identities) and they allow you to set the smtp server for it.

Hello,

I have new information that SMTP setting per alias is not possible at the moment.

regards
Jan

I dont have a tab “Aliases” in the account setting. I am running version 5.0.18661.0

If any of you would also like to see the “delayed send” feature added to emClient, please vote for Delayed Send here:
https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Hello,

Aliases are set in General tab under button “Aliases…”

with regards
Jan