Multiple Drafts being saved in gmail

When I reply to a message using emclient with an SMTP gmail account, I get multple versions of draft messages saved in the gmail message. It appears that everytime it autosaves a draft, it is written as a separate response to the email chain. Even after the message is sent, all of those partial drafts are still in my email chaim on gmail.

Hello,
what version of eM Client do you use? Could you please send us your logs? Go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check “SMTP”. Then restart eM Client,
try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window.

I have seen this problem also, with the extra draft copies saved in the Trash folder. Previously discussed here: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Mike

Hello,
this should be resolved in the latest version of eM Client. What version do you have?

I am using version 4.0.15350. I just did a test and confirmed I still have the problem. I left a message in draft state for over an hour, and when I finally sent it, I then had 5 copies in the gmail Trash folder, one saved every 10 minutes. (I have the draft save time period set to 10 minutes.)

Mike

I was not able to simulate the issue. Please send us your IMAP logs so we can analyze it. Go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check “IMAp”. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

We are currently working on the fix, thanks for reporting the problem.

Is there an update on this issue? I have this same problem…

I am sorry, but we did not make any progress on this issue.

It’d be great if you could expedite resolution of this issue…and update us again.

are you even working on this? This was reported 1 year ago! It’s the one reason I’m currently looking to replace emclient!!

Checking in to see if any progress has been made on this issue? I composed one email and before I was able to send, noticed 7 drafts of the same email in my Drafts folder. Each of the 7 drafts was almost a snapshot in time of where I was in composing the email, with one draft showing the first paragraph, the second showing corrections I had gone back and made, etc, etc.

Hello,

this is still in resolving phase, Gmail automatically makes multiple drafts, but eM Client puts them after send into trash.

Better solution is on the way.

regards
Jan

thanks, this is really an issue

you’re welcome.

regards
Jan

This is in the release notes for 18661, and I can confirm it is fixed. Thanks!

Hello,

thank you for your update on this issue :slight_smile:

best regards
Jan

Well, the issue persists even today. My eM client version is 6.0.21372.0. Enclosed image for your reference.

Can someone confirm if this issue is still happening? I’m on GMAIL and seeing it still occur. :frowning: