Multiple 'Database Check tool' crashes with no way to restore it

This is the third time I’ve had this issue with the Database Check in v9. Before, I was able to restore my database but now I’m getting a message saying I need to close eM Client first.

What should I do?

I’ve attached the screenshot with the errors.

Thanks

Relevant information:

I’m running Windows 11 with the database folder synced by Onedrive.

A disk I/O error could be anything related to the health of your disk.

You can close eM Client and run a disk check on your C: drive.
Also, make sure you have free space on your C: drive.

When that is done, restart Windows and eM Client.

If that doesn’t help, then you will need to delete the database.

1. If you have a recent backup, you can delete the current eM Client database, then restore the backup and eM Client should start working again without any problems.

2. If you don’t have a backup, but all your data is synced with servers, then you can delete the database and start over. After adding your accounts, eM Client will resync with the server.

By default, the database is stored at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there.

Also, please note that it is not recommended to have the database syncing with the cloud, as that could lock files when the sync takes place and cause database errors.

2 Likes

jueves 30 junio 2022 :: 1156hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @caliaa

I agree more or less with @Gary although I would be emphatic and say DO NOT
sync your database with the cloud/Onedrive.
If you want to move from the default location use a dedicated partition on an SSD and be certain to use an SSD and not an HDD

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

2 Likes

Thank you both. The problem solved itself but I’ll move my db to a different drive as @skybat said (BTW, I am using an SSD). @Gary I ran a disk check and the drive is working properly.