Moving current settings Mac

Is there an “easy” way to transfer my info (folders, saved and sent messages etc.) from windows to an iMac?

The best way to move eM Client to another computer, and to ensure all your data and settings are brought over is through Backup and Restore.

On the WIndows device:

1. Create a backup through Menu > Backup
  2. Deactivate your license if you are no longer going to use eM Client on this device in Menu > Help > License
  3. Find the .ZIP backup file and move it to your new device (default in …\Documents\eM Client)

On your Mac:

1. Install eM Client (Download eM Client for Mac | eM Client)
  2. Skip initial setup
  3. Restore from your backup through File > Restore. If you put the backup file in the same folder structure as the default (…\Documents\eM Client) the restore will find it right away, otherwise, you’ll need to specify the path where the backup file can be found (Preferences > General > Backup).
  4. Activate your license in Help > License

The caveat is that they need to be the same version of eM Client on both devices, or at least the Windows version should not be newer that the Mac version.

Gary,

Thank you very, very much. This reply is coming to you from the Mac. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me. Your instructions were right on.

Thank you again,
Tom

1 Like