Moved from Thunderbird, what about filters?

Hello,
in thunderbird have some filters which periodically check folders every 10 minutes and delete emails older than x days. Unfortunately it doesn’t work in thunderbird for some months and developers still don’t fix it.

Is there any way to create similar filters in EM client?
Have license for v8 and will upgrade license to newest version.

Thank you

in thunderbird have some filters which periodically check folders every 10 minutes and delete emails older than x days.

I don’t think there is a preset filter in eM Client that does the same as that Thunderbird filter.

However there is an eg: Auto Archive feature in eM Client that can delete messages in folders older than x amount of days that might be of help to you. See @Gary post below from the following thread.

@Gary post from the above thread link.

"eM Client has an Automatic Archive feature that will move messages based on age, but the folder selection is limited to Inbox, Inbox and subfolders, or all folders.

See Menu > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving. It moves messages from the IMAP folders to local folders, but does not delete them.

Rules, which perform a similar function to filters in Thunderbird, do not have an age criteria because they are designed to act on messages only as they are received.

If your email account is setup as IMAP, your provider may have a function like this. I use GMX and I can specify different retention times per folder using the web interface".