Move folder buttons hidden behind taskbar on Tablet PC & Text size issue when viewing email

Emclient is a wonderful programme. There are some small issues, requiring your help.

When moving an email, the dialogue box appears, however the buttons to create “new folder” or “ok” or “Cancel” are hidden behind the taskbar on my Tablet PC so i have to drag the taskbar to the side of the screen to see the buttons.

Another small issue, when moving an email to a folder, using Touch screen, we are not able to go to subfolder and have to move the mail to the main folder.

Lastly, when viewing an email in emclient, the size of the mail gets changed automatically after a gap of some time. So, for example, we open a mail and find that the size is too small we use “Control+Plus” to increase to the required size… however, after some seconds it changes to a bigger size & we need to use “Control+Minus”. So if emclient could provide the size of the display to the size of font used by us in all programmes, it could fix the problem.

I would be very thankful & grateful if it could be fixed.

Hello, sorry to see this, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?
On what device are you running the application on and what screen resolution / DPI settings are you using on this device?

Can you make a screenshot of your messages being displayed on a different zoom level? Are these text-only message or HTML formatted messages?

Thanks a lot Paul for your prompt reply.

Reg buttons being hidden in move to dialogue box, I feel that if you can provide a scroll-bar on the right side, it will take care, presently the move to dialogue window seems to be fixed in size, so instead of that if there could be a smaller window with a scroll-bar on the right side it will fix the problem. I am attaching another screen shot for your ready reference.

Reg email text auto-resizing to a bigger size, i will check more carefull & revert to you whether it is with HTML messages or text messages.

Your solution regarding opening JPG files in email worked very well, in windows 10 as suggested by you I downloaded Net 3.5, 2.0, 3.0.

Thanks a million for your very valuable suggestions & prompt support.

Regards,
Rishi Saraf

Sorry, attaching image…

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?
On what device are you running the application on and what screen resolution / DPI settings are you using on this device?

Hi Paul,

Issue of buttons “OK” and “Cancel” being hidden behind Task bar continue. I am attaching hereto the picture of the same for your reference. I was trying to copy contacts from one folder to another in emclient.

I request you to provide a scroll bar at the right side of the dialogue box for choosing the folder to which we want to copy so that we can see these buttons.

Hello again, are you using any advance DPI settings? What resolution you’re using on your device and what device are you using to run eM Client here, is it a tablet device?

Thank you,

Hi Paul,

Issue reg moving file to another folder:
I am very thankful to you for your prompt reply.
I am using an 8 inch Windows Tab (Acer Iconia W4-821).
Screen resolution is 1200 x 800.
I have scaled display to 125% otherwise fonts are very small to see.

Simple solution to this issue would be if you could provide a scroll bar in the open dialogue box so that I could go to the bottom of it to click OK, otherwise I have to drag my taskbar which is at the bottom to the right of the screen and then I see the button to click OK.

Issue regarding text size of email:
When we open an email to view, the text size seems very small, and it takes some time for emclient to resize it to a better size, it would be very nice if this could be fixed.

Thanks again for your prompt support.

Sincerely,
Rishi Saraf

Hi Paul,

Another setting requires your help.

If I put the windows taskbar on the right side of my Windows Tablet PC, and open emclient, the text in the email does not autofit to the given space.

Picture of the same is attached, would be grateful if you could please fix this.

Sincerely,
Rishi Saraf

Hello, this is an HTML email and the zoom level is set based on your preferences, you can zoom in/out using CTRL+ +/- or adjust the zoom level to default using CTRL+0, unfortunately eM Client does not include any “auto fit” feature that would adjust the zoom level automatically based on the width of the display pane - that could make most HTML emails unreadable by default.

Regards,