More options needed.

When Windows shutdowns EM client automatically (at the end of a session), the next time EM opens, it prompts that application has not be closed correctly and performs various “long” checkings… does not seem to be useful and don’t see why. Anyway, if this is normal, please provide an option to disable this feature…

With my IMAP server, there is sometimes error what is not abnormal. But when this happens eM stops synchronizing. Thunderbird resumes automatically and this is better IMO. Please provide an option to resumes automatically.

Anyway, this is a nice email client. Thank you.

Hello,

1. No we will not provide option for disablign this test as that test is meant to help prevent database and other failures.
    But it shouldn’t do these tests after being closed automatically with windows shutdown, by any chance do you use Avast antivirus?

Plus please check this: close eM client and then turn on task manager and look if there is still proccess MailClient.exe.

1. eM Client also resume sync automatically in next synchronization cycle which you can see in Tools - settings - general - synchronization

regards
Jan

Jan

This test happens randomly (whatever I set up the systray icon feature or not). I don’t use Avast but MS Essential.

Ok for the synchronization : it was an error with a bunch of messages in my server (thanks to the log, I deleted them).

Regards, Laurent

Hello,

It is not about systray icon but process in task manager, anyway if this test shows up for you only when eM Client is not shut down properly then everything is okay and by design.
As I have written this is meant to help and protect users, there is no way how to recognize that client was shut down by bug or by end of Windows session, both simply forces client to shut down and therefore it is considered bad.

regards
Jan

As my colleague wrote above, this test prevents you from corrupting your database. If you are 100% sure that the database is OK (or if you have the database backed up) you can press “Cancel” button and eM Client should start immediately.

Hello

Thank you for your support. Clicking Cancel does the job. All working fine.

Regards, Laurent

Hello,

I am glad that we could help.

regards
Jan