Missing notification of task reminder

I do not get any reminder that I set for a task - no popup, sound, or anything. I have tried all combinations of settings in the ‘Notifications’ tab. Also I see that ‘Popup’ is unavailable for ‘Reminder’ in this tab - an error pops up saying that this option is not available. That seems strange because I want to see a popup window to remind me of tasks. Am I missing something? Thanks

PS - I just noticed tasks don’t appear in the ‘Agenda’ sidebar either - should they? Only flagged messages appear here.

PPS - I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I hid ‘Local Folders’ in the left sidebar. I can’t find any option to make them visible again so I can’t test.

eM Client version 6.0.21040.0
Windows 8.1 Pro

Hi Pat, unfortunately popup reminders are not supported for calendar event and task reminders, however you should see a “Reminder” window displayed when your task’s reminder is due.

To display tasks in the sidebar, setup the agenda preferences, you can select which folders and what items will be shown in the agenda.

To enable local folders go to Tools > Settings > General, and enable the option “Show local folders”.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

OK, I was thinking “popup window” is the same as “Reminder window” but I see that they are different. Because when I re-enabled “Show local folders”, the reminder window popped up with all my missing notifications.

Just what I needed - thanks!

Hi again Pat, glad I could help, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul.

Hi having same problem but I already have the fix that you suggested implemented  :frowning:

Hi Pat… I need to update my question…I figured out that the problem was that I set my storage path to a USB drive. I did this to save room on my hard drive. Is there a way to store to a USB and still get these reminders? Or a way to limit space taken up on my PC… we have several thousands of emails that we need to keep, cannot delete for reference. Any guidance would be much appreciated as I COMPLETELY love eM Client!

Thank you so much in advance!
Laura

Hi Laura, not completely sure what you’re referring to, are you suggesting that reminders keep working only when you have the database located on your hard drive? That seems highly unlikely as the feature should be working no matter where you have the database located, are you sure you have identical settings for each database?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul - I have eM Client version 6.0.21372.0 installed on Windows 7.  The reminder window is not displayed when the task’s reminder is due.  I did recently restore Windows 7 on my PC, and had to re-install eM Client.  The reminders were working prior to the re-install.  Please advise - thanks
Judy

Hi Judy, are you able to replicate this issue with a newly created task?

What calendar/task service are you using with eM client? Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul - I created a new task today with a reminder, but the reminder window did not display.  I am using the task app that comes with em Client - I am not using the calendar app.  There are no errors thrown by the app on the screen, but I do see the following in the log file:

03/12/2015 21:08:17 1 no such table: mail_fti.SubjectIndex_stat03/12/2015 21:08:17 1 no such table: mail_fti.AddressIndex_stat
03/12/2015 21:08:17 1 no such table: mail_fti.LocalMailsIndex3_stat

Not sure if these errors are related to tasks - they are being generated in the log file every day.

Judy

Not related to our problem…

Thank you for providing more information about the issue, however eM Client doesn’t have a task service, you can synchronize your eM Client with a task service that is running on your mail server for instance, thus the task service I was asking for would be for example Gmail or Yahoo, can you please specify what Task service are you using for synchronizing your tasks with the server?

Or are you only using the local tasks, e.g. adding a task under the local folders option in the left pane in eM client?

Thank you,
Paul

I am adding a task under the local folders option in the left pane in eM Client.

Judy

Hi Judy, can you please check if you have the reminders enabled for the tasks folder? Right click the tasks folder you’re adding the task to and select Properties, make sure “Show reminders” is checked.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul - yes, “Show reminders” is checked for the Tasks Folders properties

Judy