Missing emails after crash

crashed with blank screen and no error message. Clicked on icon and it offered to restart which I did. Now missing one year of emails

Hi, in the window that offered you to restart the application, there should have been an option to show the error (crash log), that might have caused the issue?
Did you by any chance open the error message? We’d have to see the details of the crash to provide any more information on this issue.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Unfortunately no I did not notice an error message

What mail service are you using? Can you see your emails on your webmail (server)?

Thank you,
Paul.

I am using Snap, a small New Zealand company. I can see emails using webmail for the past 3 days which is what I would normally see.

Are you using IMAP for your mail synchronization or POP for just plain email receiving?

Thank you,
Paul.

POP

Ok, the POP protocol is only used for receiving new emails, so since your emails have been already downloaded to your application they can’t be downloaded again, if you used IMAP for receiving emails, all your email would be synchronized and you should be able to see the latest email as well.

You can try right clicking your mail folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the repair button, if it solves the issue.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

I have clicked on local folder but no repair function. Other folders don’t give me any options at all when I right click Many thanks for you help

Hi, local folders are not synchronized with any server thus there can not be a repair function, you have to click your account or your inbox etc.
Were the missing emails saved in the local folder?

Thank you,
Paul.

yes they were. I have tried to find a repair option without success.

Thanks

In that case I believe there’s no possibility of getting the emails back into the application unless you’ve been using backup all along.

Note that local folders don’t have a repair function - that’s for synchronized folders only.

I recommend using IMAP to avoid these issues in the future, or please copy the crash log if this happens again.

Thank you for understanding, I’m sorry you’re experiencing this,
Paul.