Missing Email Images

Not displaying in line images in the body or message of emails I receive. Do not know why or how to correct this problem.
#mail with:images

Images are blocked normally in the body of the email unless you enable. You can either display images via “a contact list you setup” or “display all images automatically” as in the example below.

If you have eM Client for Windows, click "Menu / Settings / Mail / Privacy and select your option.

Thank you so much for your reply. I had tried selecting the option: “Display unsafe content in messages from people in contact list”, for which this sender is one of my saved contacts. However, even after changing it to “Display unsafte content in all messages”; I still cannot see the inline images. Also I hoped restarting the app would help, but still no change. :cry:

Are you maybe viewing messages as plain text?

To change that, go to Menu > Settings > Mail > Read and untick Read all messages in plain text.

Thank you for your reply. No, I am viewing it as HTML.

Can you send me a copy of this message that doesn’t display embedded images?

To do that select the message and choose Forward > Forward as attachment. This will create a new message with the original as an eml attachment. Send it to me directly on [email protected]

Hello @Melpjones

Thank you for your sample message. You have a similar issue as one I just replied to on another thread.

It involves an incorrect cid syntax for inline images used by the sender, which does not follow RFC standards.

@Gary So is the cid:file:logo something to do with the specific email client (the sender is using), or is it (something the sender is pasting) into their email client body that causes this error in eM Client.

@cyberzork The link is most probably created by the sender’s application.

I believe that the next 8.2 service release will have the workaround for this.

1 Like