Missing email from client

Hi,
I found out that emclient did not downloaded 2 emails.
The emails are in the server
Other emclient in other computer downloaded them.

Sounds like the account isn’t synching correctly anymore.

If you have an eg: IMAP / Exchange type account, i would normally first backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” and then remove that specific account and re-add it. When you re-add the account it can take time to re-cache all the emails depending on the size of your mail database. Should fix the issue.

If you have a Gmail IMAP account, another option you can try (before removing your account), is repairing the account which usually re-syncs the emails. To do that “Right click” on “All Mail” (under your Gmail account) and click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” Tab at the top and finally click “Repair”. This again can take time as it has to re-sync all your emails from the server, but usually fixes that issue.

Failing that could be a problem with eM Client itself and might need reinstalling or updating. So i would then suggest to uninstall the program and reinstall. Before uninstalling click “Menu / Help / About” and see what version you have. Then uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database on uninstall when asked”. Then d/l either the same or later version of eM Client from the version history page and reinstall. https://www.emclient.com/release-history.

Thanks a lot for your replay.
I am using pop3. It seems that just it skipped 2 email and I can not figure why. This emails can not be found in other folders as deleted or spam.

I recently tested this with a Gmail account using two Thunderbird POP3 clients, and in a separate test, 2 eM Client POP3 clients.

Apparently some servers like Google’s are configured in a way that when messages are downloaded to one POP3 client, it only reports some of these messages as available to the others. So the server provides a LIST when the second client connects, but some messages downloaded by the first POP3 Client are not listed there.

This is probably something you need to speak with the provider about, as it is their server that is providing the list of what messages are available to download.

Yes agree with @Gary as it’s POP does sound a mail server issue somewhere. As long as you have leave a copy of messages on server for X amount of days, normally all mail clients should always get those same emails for that period of days.

emclient has a list with emails downloaded from server? Can we reset this list to force re download all emails?
If we did this it will download again all emails that already downloaded second time?

The POP3 email client contacts the server and says, give me a list of messages in my Inbox. The server gives the list of messages and the client compares that to the list it has of what was downloaded before. If there is anything new, it will be downloaded.

But as I said, sometimes the server does not give a complete list, so client has no idea that there is a missing message.

You can reset this by removing the POP3 account from eM Client (after exporting all your data or moving it to Local Folders). When you add the account again, the client has no record of downloading any messages, so everything in the list provided by the server will be downloaded again. But if the server is not giving the full list, then it will not make any difference.

Basically it comes down to the principle that POP3 is not meant to be accessed from more than one computer, and in this case it appears that the server gives an incorrect list to the second computer accessing the account.