Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 calendar and contacts do not connect

Have connected to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 using both Automatic Setup and Mail Other - IMAP. Email is successful but cannot get hold of calendar and contacts. I have also connected to Gmail and calendar and contacts works fine. How can I fix the Exchange connection?

Hi Mike,
I must admit I am slightly confused - have you connected your account as Exchange or as IMAP?
IMAP will definitely connect inly emails, as we haven’t configured a solution for the Contacts and calendars for this option yet, but your Exchange account should work fine for all of these.
So is this problem present even when you set up your account as Exchange? If so, is there any error message you could share?

Regards,
Olivia

I used the automatic setup and yes it had connected as IMAP.  When I try to connect as Exchange all I get is the error message “An attempt to connect … failed.  This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings…”.  When I go into the Account window I see the server name as https://mail.emberbrook.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx . The /EWS/Exchange.asmx having been added automatically by the eM Client setup.  So in short IMAP gives me email only and Exchange gives me nothing.  I have tried changing the server to smtp.emberbrook.com with the same result.  The server is hosted by Fasthosts
In short I can connect to the Exchange account using Outlook WebApp but I want to use eM Client!! 

Hi Mike,
have you tried connecting your Contacts and Calendar separately through the New Account>Calendar>CalDAV and Contacts>CardDAV options separately to see if you can connect to the server at all?
Also, perhaps try this connectivity test from microsoft - https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ - to see if your server is set up correctly. (maybe copy the outcome of the test here so I can see if it’s even possibble for eM Client to connect to your server).

Regards,
Olivia

I have now learnt that it was not a full exchange account.  As always to get what I needed I had to pay more for the server, as for eM Client, which is now working fine. Thanks

Please just make sure that you don’t mess eM Client up with adverts.

Regards
Mike

Hi Mike,
thank you for letting us know what the issue was.
We do not plan to mess up eM Client, with adverts on otherwise :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia