messages in the inbox dissapear

I just downloaded eM client because my outlook 2013 program always made my messages in the inbox dissapear. I was hoping that it was just outlook and changing to eM would solve the problem. It didn’t. I guess that means the problem is on this stupid windows 8 computer which came set up for 2 monitors ariginally for some reason. I thought we fixed that by making our monitor the primary. Could this thing be sending my inbox to the phantom monitor?

Hi Martha, I’m unfortunately not completely sure what you’re referring to, are you able to replicate the issue?
Are your inbox items being re-set regularly while using the application?

What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul

I am not very computer savvy and don’t know the answers to your questions. I have an old computer with vista that I have been using for about 9 years? Bought this new one nearly 2 years ago and have only started using it lately. I don’t like windows 8, but have been forced to use this newer computer because the old computer is starting to have issues. I have not been able to figure out why the inbox wipes itself clean without my telling it to. I have googled the problem and it seems others are having a similar problem, but none of the “fixes” make any difference. I thought the problem was with Outlook, so I downloaded your program but it does the same thing. It downloads e-mail, then within minutes, the e-mails in the inbox disappear. Can’t find them anywhere! The inbox says “There are no messages to show in this view”. The e-mail  (Outlook) on my old computer does not do this. Messages stay in the inbox until I delete or move them. My ISP is Hughesnet, if that means anything.

thanks.

Martha

Hi again Martha, this may be caused by an incorrect application settings. I’m however unsure about your configuration as you haven’t answered my questions.

Check if you’re using an IMAP or a POP account in eM Client by navigating to Tools > Accounts > Your account, check if there’s an IMAP tab under the account settings.

If you’re using an IMAP connection and there’s a POP account setup on your old computer, it is possible your email server is setup to automatically delete messages after X days, and IMAP as the protocol which synchronizes all the available folders in eM Client reflects these changes.

Regards,
Paul

looks like I am using IMAP on this computer. The old one says POP/STMP. If my e=mal server is deleating messages, do you know how I can change that?

thanks for your help.

Martha

Hi Martha, if you’d be using eM Client on your old computer, you would have the server settings hidden in your account settings under Tools > Accounts > Your account > POP > Server settings.

However if you’re using a different client, please check with your mail server vendor support in order to resolve the issue. You should be able to change the settings online in your webmail as well as in the mail client you’re using.

Thank you, hope this helps,
Paul

No- eM Client is installed on the new computer- this one .The one with IMAP.

If you’re using another email client on your old computer with POP enabled to receive messages, check with their support on how to adjust the server settings or adjust the settings in your webmail application.

Thank you,
Paul