messages disappear

I recently installed em client and all seemed OK but after a while suddenly the messages in the inbox disappeared. The same happened afterwards with other new messages.
What can I do to prevent this???

Hi Adhemar,
eM Client cannot delete the data without your permission. How is your email set up? Is it IMAP/Exchange/POP/Other? Is it a gmail/outlook/yahoo/other kind of account? Are your messages still on the server if you check your webmail?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

It is IMAP and the messages are no more on the server.

Regards,
Adhemar

Hi Adhemar,
are they perhaps located in Trash or any other folder? Have you chosen to run some kind of rule on the inbox? eM Client cannot move or delete emails without your action.
Are you checking this email on any other device that might be set up as POP perhaps?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

They simply are in the INBOX and I see them disappearing while looking at my screen.

Regards,
Adhemar

Hi Adhemar,
Are you checking this email on any other device that might be set up as POP perhaps?
Also, could you take a screenshot of your account’s set up in Tools>Accounts?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
I am checking this email on eM client itself and it is set up as IMAP.
But today the messages don’t disappear anymore. Don’t ask me why or how? So I am a little bit happy but uncertain about the stability of this program. Can it happen again in the future???

Above you see all about my account.
Regards,
Adhemar

Hi Olivia,

I regret that I have to announce that just after sending the previous message, all my messages disappeared again, although this time it took half a day before disappearing.
Please help.

Regards,
Adhemar

Hi Adhemar,
I must ask you again if you check this same email on any other device as well. Because under this setting it is impossible for eM Client to delete your messages on its own.
You must have this account set up on another place with a POP account or set to download your messages from the server.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I think you are probably right. As a matter of fact I always have been using Incredimail as my mailclient until I switched to Windows 10. From then I have problems with Incredimail. That is why I put now all my hope on eM Client. My account in Incredimail is indeed a POP account. When my Incredimail is on, the messages arrive as well in Incredimail as in eM. The messages stay in Incredimail but in eM they disappear. Today I prevented Incredimail from starting bij the start of my computer and until now the messages stay in eM. I strongly hope this is the right solution. Anyway it was my intention to uninstall Incredimail. I did not do it before having a good replacement. In that case the only problem left is: is it possible to import the old message from my Incredimail into eM?

Kind regards,
Adhemar

Hi Adhemar,
that is exactly why your mails have been disappearing from eM Client. IMAP just synchronizes from the server. POP downloads the messages to local folders and DELETES the messages from the server (to which IMAP synchronizes and finds the server empty).
You will need to export your email from IncrediMail to EML files and then either drag&drop these files to your account in eM Client or use the File>Import function. But please make sure to disable the pop account in IncrediMail before you attempt to load your messages back in, so you don’t delete them again.

Regards,
Olivia