Message has "repeatedly failed to upload"

Hi,

I frequently get this message relating to a gmail account with the little red triangle with an ! in it lit up.
It happens sporadically throughout the day.
Please could you help.

Here’s a pic of one of the messages:

jueves 23 septiembre 2021 :: 1136hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @NickSPX

As the error is intermittent/sporadic it is unlikely to be an eMC issue, as the opposite is that it works is also intermittent/sporadic.
Maybe there is actually an incompatibility with what you are trying to send.
What is the size of the message? - Google/Gmail have a size limit as do many others.
Who is your ISP?
Have you checked with your ISP for any outage?

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

It is an error that I have had come up day once or twice over the past year. I have no reported ISP outages. The messages are small (no attachments, just text).
I only tend to get them with gmail service, not with the other email addresses I use.
However, if I log in to gmail itself via my browser, everything looks fine.

Very frustrating!

jueves 23 septiembre 2021 :: 1201hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @NickSPX

As I said we no longer use Google/Gmail - you can draw your own conclusions why.
You cannot compare sending a message with Webmail and an email client as the process is different.
The fact that the issue only exists with Google/Gmail suggests that the issue is with the ISP to Google/Gmail connection and you should speak to both concerning the situation.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

If its an IMAP Gmail account, i would remove the account in eM Client and re-add as new via the “Automatic wizard” which should then normally fix any issues if it was acct related. When you re-add your Gmail account eM Client will take time to re-cache all the emails depending on the size of your mail database. Make a backup of eM Client first via “Menu / Backup” incase you have any problems.

Also check what version of eM Client you have via “Menu / Help / About” . There has been alot of fixes and updates. So see if there is any later version of eM Client via the version history page.
https://www.emclient.com/release-history . If you do update eM Client, again make a backup first via “Menu / Backup” incase of any issues.

Failing that you might have something running on your computer interfering with the outgoing mail uploading. So if you are running any optional programs like eg: Antivirus programs, Firewalls / Security programs, VPN’s etc, to test, disable all of them and close and re-open eM Client and see if the problem is resolved. If the problem is then fixed, you will then need to find out which one is the cause.

If I am understanding you correctly, you have multiple accounts with multiple providers and when you send emails out using Gmail, and not any other provider, you have sporadic failures of even small messages that seem random.

I’d contact and search Gmail to find out what is wrong with your settings and /or their servers. @cyberzork could be right that deleting and remaking the account could fix any imperfect settings and fix the problem.

My personal, unfounded, unproven, opinion, is that Google wants you using their Chrome browser to login to your account with them so they can track and sell you information better and doesn’t want you using a local email client. Therefore either creates obstacles or doesn’t fix the ones that come up.

Again, just speculation.

1 Like

viernes 24 septiembre 2021 :: 0835hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @steveshank

See my earlier post.

Totally agree with @steveshank his speculation has a lot of merit.
"My personal, unfounded, unproven, opinion, is that Google wants you using their Chrome browser to login to your account with them so they can track and sell you information better and doesn’t want you using a local email client. Therefore either creates obstacles or doesn’t fix the ones that come up.
Again, just speculation."

Skybat
[email protected]

Can you generate some logs for us, Nick.

To do that, please go to Menu > Settings > Advanced and click on the Clear Logs button.

Then select the IMAP option next to the email account where the problem is happening. You will need to tick the box, so it turns blue with a tick in it.

Click on Apply and OK.

Restart eM Client.

Wait for the problem to be reproduced, so you see the error message again, then restart eM Client.

Go to Menu > Settings > Advanced and click on the Send Logs button. Please set the subject of the message as: For Gary forum 75980.

You can then untick log the selection you made earlier and click on Apply and OK.

Thanks Gary (and everyone else).
I have done as you have directed. When I get another error log I will complete those steps and get them to you.

All the best,

Nick