Message exceeds the maximum supported size

Earlier this week attempted to send email with 4 small attachments - not accepted as being too large.
Since then whenever I Receive or Send an email message my system freezes and I get a red triangle waring to the effect that message is too large. Also advised to go to Settings but unclear as to what I should change there. I get this each time even with one line emails

message under red triangle reads
[Exchange Web Services]Sending email failed due to the following error: The message exceeds the maximum supported size., The message exceeds the maximum supported size.
Calibri (Body)

There is a setting in Menu > Settings > General > Confirmations, to notify if sending messages above a certain size. Find out from your email provider what that is, then tick this option, and set the size. The default setting is 10MB which is the average that most providers allow recipients to receive.

If the previous message is stuck in eM Client, select Menu > Settings > General > General > Show Local Folders, then go to the Local Folder Outbox and delete it.

eM Client has an issue with large attachments in Gmail. I tried today and I wasn’t able to do so. I had to go to Gmail (web version) to accomplish what I wanted.

And for those that don’t know. Gmail also imposes some limitations/restrictions in sending large attachments too. If they’re too large, you’ll be prompted to agree to send a link where the attachments are saved in your Gdrive. I’m not aware of such limitation in Microsoft (Hotmail) Outlook.

Gmail limits messages sent through SMTP to 25MB. Because of encoding, realistically an attachment can’t be larger than 20MB.

Since version 9 we have Cloud Storage Providers usable directly in eM Client. You can setup DropBox, Google Drive, NextCloud, OneDrive, etc. You can set this in Menu > Settings > Mail > Attachments. Then when you send an email with an attachment, you can have a link to the file in the cloud, rather than the file being in the message.

2 Likes