Menu Option for Attach Email Items to Another Email

I recently needed to reply to an email, but also needed to included another email in my reply as an attachment. I figured out how to do it (open the new email and the mail client side-by-side and then drag the email to attach from the mail client over to the new email just above the body of the email), however, it is not really obvious how to do that.

It would be nice if in the Insert Menu or on the toolbar there was an option to Attach Email. This would bring up a menu tree of the user’s email account(s) where you could find the folder the email is in and then select an email to attach to the new email.

Thanks.

• Merg

Hi, there’s an easier way to do this, find the message you want to attach, right click the message and select Forward > …as attachment.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

I have used that option in certain situations and it works great, however, it is not what I need in this situation. I received an email and need to reply to it, but also attach another email that I received. The only way I can do that was using the above described process where you drag the old email onto the reply. A menu option (or toolbar button) would make it much easier and a little more obvious.

Thanks,
Merg

Hi again, unfortunately this is not possible, thank you for the suggestion, we’ll make sure to consider adding this option to future releases of eM client.
However please note the used case is quite unusual, you can always attach .eml messages using the attachment button, if the message is exported out of eM Client.

Attaching messages straight from your IMAP folders is a quite different feature though, but we’ll be happy to consider the feature if user feedback is sufficient.

Thank you for your input on this, regards,
Paul.

Yeah, it just seems strange to have to export the email to a .eml file first and then select that file to attach it to another email. It would be nice to be able to do it all in one action.

Thanks,
Merg

I completely understand, however the option to forward the message straight away has already been included (as I suggested above), it’s just when you want to attach the message to an ongoing conversation this issue comes in play, however options how to add the message to the email are there as well.
I believe this might be resolved with future upgrades along with conversation view. But if not, again, we’ll be happy to consider adding the feature if a larger number of users request it.

Regards,
Paul.