Mentioning the recipient in the email with '@'

The other email clients allow mentioning a recipient in the email (when you compose it) with the ‘@’ sign. In the other words, I type ‘@Sam Simpson’, and the recipient receives an email with notification he/she was mentioned there. Is there a possibility to do the same in eM Client? Whenever I type ‘@’ it does nothing. Please advice.

13 Likes

eM Client doesn’t do that, but I remember someone else asking about it before.

I was interested to see how that works but was not able to find an email client that does it. Which ones have you experience with Alex?

I’m sure I saw this feature in Outlook 2016.
@name is used for mentions, much like in WhatsApp, so if you type it in the body, a list of names pops up and the address is added to the To field. Not 100% sure though.

Edit: Found a link:

3 Likes

Yeah, I think that it was a discussion concerning MS Outlook where I saw it mentioned, but I don’t use that application.

Still haven’t seen it in action, but from my understanding of how it works, I think it would be a great feature to add to eM Client.

Hope you don’t mind Alex, but I changed this thread to a Feature Request. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @Gary for changing this thread to a Feature Request.
I discovered in my other PC a quite recent version of Mailbird (v.2.9.0.0) which offers this feature (I can’t say about previous or subsequent versions). I’m not advertising this app but that was the runner-up when I went for eMC (as it has a way better UI and much more personalization possibilities, in addition to this wonderful forum.)
eMC developers should seriously consider implanting this feature in 8.2, and even sooner if possible.

As you can see below, when you type it in the body (in my example I only typed letter M, a list of names pops up. What is really interesting is that letter (or letters) could be anywhere in the first name, last name, or the email address. I didn’t push it further but I wonder if the search includes other fields in the contacts database.

1 Like

It would be nice to have this feature in an app in the near future.

2 Likes

Is is done or it it in the works?

1 Like

Ah yes the attention @ i also use that alot in Github and Trello messaging tickets as well. Its a great feature for mail clients in a workgroup setting.

In my daily mails all my customers use that feature with their email client. Although our company bought commercial licenses for emc, I have to do this manually, looks somewhat like amateur league. That feature still seems to be missing for years now.

→ So dear emc-team, what are your plans? Is it so difficult to implement it?

2 Likes

Hi there, is there a chance this would be implemented? It is a very handy feature that is used by the web-based Gmail (as well as the android app) and Outlook and, honestly, I’m surprised that it is not in eMClient yet.

4 Likes

Hi,
I am also requesting this feature as all the people I work with (using MS Teams) are tagging. It would be great to be able to do the same.
As a very slow workaround, you can write someones name with the @in-front, EX: @Daniel, and then insert a mailto: link with their email address on their name.

1 Like

yeah, emclient REALLY should add this feature if they want to stay competitive

it’s proper email etiquette on long group emails to highlight the sections that apply to the right people using @ mentions - so they don’t have to read the whole email

Oh yes ! Something new about these request feature ?
I receveive some emails with my name prefixed by @ and when I have many receipient in my email I type @ someone , even it doesn’t make sens in eMC, in case it hightlight the name of the receipient in its email.

1 Like

Dear EMC,

I was surprised that @mention feature has still not been implemented yet.

domingo 14 enero 2024 :: 1343hrs (UTC +0100)

I can not comment on the development of eMC except to say that if the feature (anything) is to be implemented the stock reply for a number of months now has been: “It will be included in eMC version 10” when it is released sometime in 2024.

Unless someone knows differently.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

It will be really great, if it would show up on the next update. Let’s hope for the best.

1 Like

+1 on this one, for sure.

@Gary We are able to use the @mention feature on this Forum. Are we getting this feature on EMC 10.

1 Like

We have implemented this but it was not in today’s public version 10 beta release. Look out for the next update to the beta.

6 Likes