Mark with Flag problem

This issue happens very often. When I unmark as flag an email in my account, I can still see it’s flagged in my Favorites -> Flagged folder.

Sometimes it helps if I unflag the email in my account and then click on refresh button.

This is quite disturbing issue.

It may be that there is some minor corruption in the database. Close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe and see if that makes any difference.

Thank you for helping, Gary, but database is fine.

Actually, when I unflag email in accountit does respect in starred folder, but if I immediately archive that email the flag number in starred folder rises for one. The email is archived, but it has a flag.

I have the same issue.
I have a marked email, I unmark it, and I move it to an other folder, and it gets marked again. I have to unmark the message in the newly moved folder again.

emClient version 7.2.34062.0 , no database corruption
In the release history, I see a  7.2.35595.0  version, but when I check for new version, the emClient says, no newer version for me, the 7.2.34062.0 is the newest. I’m using the licensed free account.
Can I download and install manually the 7.2.35595.0 version?

Yes, just download the file and run it.

Which email provider are you using Valent?

Sorry, I forgot to mention it.
gmail, with IMAP.

I am wondering if this is not just a delay issue with the server resulting in the eM Client database being out of sync. That is what I thought might be the issue with wwwampy, as he said that he immediately archived after setting the flag.

One thing you can try is to right-click on the All Mail folder and choose Properties > Repair. This will force a resync with the server. See if that corrects the problem.

Yes, it will be a sync issue.
I tried to remove the flag, exiting the and restarting emclient, waited to the sync to finish, and moving the email to the new folder. If I do this, emClient does not put the flag back to the email.
It is a bit strange. When I un-flag an email in my inbox, and put it into the archive immediately, it does not put the archive flag back.
but, if an email is in one of my folders, called webshop orders, I un-flag it, and immediately move it to the completed orders folder, the archive flag is put back. I’m sure, that the move operation is somehow different, than moving between folders. Of course, gmail folders are not really folders, they are only special flags of the email.

Yes, Gmail stores most of your messages in a single folder (All Mail), and uses labels to sort them into virtual folders called Inbox, Sent, Webshop etc. Spam is an actual folder, and I wonder if the Archive is as well.

There have been some issues with GMail in the past, when users act too quickly. :wink: