Mark all as read takes loong time

Hello guys, lately I noticed a big delay every time I click on “mark all as read”.
What have I done wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Hello.
What version of eM Client are you using? What OS do you have installed, Windows or MAC?
If you are using version 9 on Windows.
(I’m not an eM Client expert)
Open eM, under “Favorites” look for a folder called “Unread”. Right-click and choose the “Mark all messages as read” option.

Another way.

Open eM and click on “Menu” in the list that appears hover your mouse over “Messages” in the list of options that appears click on the one that indicates “Mark all as read”.

Another way.
Open eM and click on “Menu” then click on “Settings” in the list on the left, click on “Mail” in the first option that you get “Read” on the left you get the option “Mark messages as read after” . There you can put from 0 (zero) to 99 seconds.
“Apply” “Save & close”.
In all cases:
Quit eM even from the system tray. And restart eM Client.
In this link you can see and update to the latest version, both for Windows and for MAC:

All the best.

Hello and tks for answer.
I have Windows 10 and emCleint 9.2.1735 (no Pro)
The Questions was about the TIME.
When I am doing a “mark as read” of a mail folder with more than 8000 mails (which are mostly read) it takes a very long time to finish.
What is wrong?
Thanks for your help.

When I am doing a “mark as read” of a mail folder with more than 8000 mails (which are mostly read) it takes a very long time to finish"

If this has only just happened and these same folders have been quick to read before, then could be possibly your eM Client database needs repairing.

If you have Windows, close eM Client and then open up a normal Dos prompt and run the following command. Then once completed reopen eM Client and see if it’s any different.

“C:\Program Files (x86)\eMClient\MailClient.exe” /dbrepair

Note: Before running the repair, backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is complete via Show Operations in the dropdown next to refresh.

Hello and thanks again for the answer.
I did what you suggested. No luck. Takes long time.
I tried with thunderbird and same amount of mails. It took milliseconds. With emClient it’ll take about 10 seconds to finish.
This behaviour appeared after an update of emClient. But I do not remember from which to which version.

Hello Guys, nobody there with a solution? Do I have to switch to Thunderbird again?
Why does it take that long time to mark the incoming mail folder as read?

Tks.

@Herkules2023

This behaviour appeared after an update of emClient. But I do not remember from which to which version.

As this only happened after an update, have you tried already uninstalling & reinstalling eM Client as per the link @Quesito advised in his post further up ?

If you haven’t, uninstall eM Client, and “don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard. Then d/l & reinstall eM Client and see if that fixes it.

Now if uninstalling and reinstalling makes no difference, then could be your eM Client account “local cache” has possibly become corrupted in some way and may need repairing, or your account removing and re-adding again.

To repair the account, “right click on your inbox” (or right click on All Mail) if it’s a Gmail account, and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Next click the “Repair” tab at the top and lastly click “Repair”. This can take time depending on the size of your mailbox.

Note: The repair clears all the local cache in eM Client, so messages will be slow to read again untill all fully cached.

Lastly if repairing your account in eM Client still makes no difference, then if you have an eg: IMAP, Exchange, Office 365, or iCloud account, go to “Menu / Accounts” and try removing and re-adding your account via either the “automatic email wizard” or “manual setup” depending on your providers mailbox setup requirements.

Note: Before removing and re-adding your account as previously mentioned, backup first via “Menu / Backup” Incase you have any problems.