Manual Backups and scheduling

Is it possible to manually make eMClient run a configured backup? I just migrated machines and I’m now on a machine I don’t yet use regularly. Similarly, is it possible to select the time of day to backup (if I’ve configured it to run daily)?

Yes, you can manually run a backup using Menu > Backup.

You can also run it from the command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbbackup -backup

Not directly. When you set the backup in Menu > Settings > General > Backup, it will take the time you change the setting and click OK as the time to run the backup. So if it is 5.17pm your time, and you go into settings and you set the backup to run daily, it will run at about 5.17pm every day thereafter.

That means if you want your backup to run at 7pm, wait until 7pm to change the setting. :smile:

If you want more control over the time and number of backups to keep, see my comment at:

Using version 9.0.1708 Free - While I have had no problems with auto-backup actually working, or retrieving a saved back-up, I do find that while eClient carries out a back-up, it defaults to the main screen on Windows 10, irrespective that I am in the middle of gaming, which then continues in the background, causing a variety of problems in the game while unseen. Can this be stopped (other than by turning off back-up)? Thanks.

Set it for a time when you are not “gaming”, like the middle of the night? :wink: :grinning:

Good idea, but no such option. 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 week, 1, 2, 3, or 6 months. :frowning:
Can only turn backup off, and turn on when not gaming. Not very hi-tech though.

See my comment here, where I explain how to change this in Task Scheduler.

You will see the options I indicated to change the time and frequency it runs.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that. I just tried reducing eClient’s priority in Task Manager, and see if that forces it to work in background. I know some AV programs do that, but not my current one. :thinking: