Make a feature to easily format quoted text in an e-mail

I’m sorry but I seem to be missing something. I paste block quotes all the time with just an extra click. Paste produces this screen and I select the quote symbol. Then whatever email program the recipient has, will interpret the block quote as they are setup. Are you talking about something else? If so what? Here’s what I get when I paste text.

paste

2 Likes

OK, so it IS there - dumb that it is not alongside Paste and Paste As Text. It adds an unnecessary extra step, and there should be consistency - internally and with other applications - and I have never seen paste-as-quote done this way before

When I search for “quote” in the help nothing comes up and when I search the community forum for quote the first relevant listing is this thread - so it isn’t like this behaviour is obvious

You can add the “Paste” icon on the Toolbar as @steveshank example above via the “Customize” option (at the end of the toolbar).

Ps I don’t personally don’t think this 2 step option (Paste as Quote) is a problem as like similar to when you “Paste and Image” in eM Client, if you eg: want to resize and image after pasting, you first paste the image and then click the image to give you all the size (Small / Medium or Large) options.

1 Like

What about situations when there user A sends message,
user B replies,
user A replies,
user B replies again
and so on.
This is mess.

Example:
Apple Mail on macOS
Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Example 2:
eM client on Windows