Major Issues with Version 8.0

As a v7 user, I jut tried upgrading to version 8.0, encountering major issues:

1. Licensing
    I have a free licence for v7, which wasn’t recognised with v8. Clicked on Help > License and deactivated existing licence. Then clicked on Get License, which went to invalid URL (Error 404 page). I navigated to the correct page manually and obtained new free license, which activated OK.

2. Lost all Content
    eM Client lost all v7 content, including all accounts, contacts, settings, etc.

3. Couldn’t Add Microsoft 365 Work Accounts Using OAUTH 2
    I attempted to add a MS365 work account, which uses OAUTH 2.0, completely without success. Auto-detection failed, trying to add as IMAP and wouldn’t recognise correct password. Tried specifying account type as Outlook.com, but eM Client seemed unable to distinguish between personal and work accounts. Tried adding as Exchange, without success (username/password validation always fails). eM Client should use OAUTH 2 (as it does with Gmail accounts), but it doesn’t and therefore always fails credential checking.

There appear to be catastrophic issues with 8.0 at this stage.

Just click the Close button then go to Menu > Help > License and paste in your version 7 Free License activation key. I already reported the URL error to eM Client, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

That should not have happened unless you uninstalled version 7, and chose to delete the database directory when asked. Did you maybe have you database in a different location?

It does.

You are using eM Client with your work email? Then it is better that you use your Pro License rather than the Free one. As a Pro License user, please open a support ticket directly with eM Client. They will be able to help you get your business account working.

That should not have happened unless you uninstalled version 7, and chose to delete the database directory when asked. Did you maybe have you database in a different location?

I did not uninstall version 7 (and did not choose to delete the database). The database was in the default location of AppData\Roaming\eM Client.

You are using eM Client with your work email? Then it is better that you use your Pro License rather than the Free one. As a Pro License user, please open a support ticket directly with eM Client. They will be able to help you get your business account working.

I suggest telling users to cough up their cash before things are shown to work, and before they should be asking for help, is not appropriate and something that the vendor might not appreciate. Especially given that I’m an IT Consultant and in a position to recommend the product to many others.

Well, you already accepted a legal agreement that you would not use the Free License for business, so it is totally appropriate to suggest that if you are using it for work, it is inferred that you have a Pro License, and so should take advantage of your VIP Support option.

Your profession does not mean you can violate the license terms, and I doubt very much that the vendor would be appreciative if you did.

Well, your arrogance, (wrong) assumptions and lack of imagination reflect badly on you. Try backing off from your high horse, and try not to damage the vendor’s business any further. I’m happy to discuss licensing issues with the vendor directly, but not with the likes of (the irrelevant) you. Bye.

Well, this is a public forum supported by other eM Client users, not eM Client staff, so not the way to contact eM Client Inc. directly. This is also explained in the agreement you accepted, or when registering your license; Free License users do not have access to eM Client staff.

But you are welcome to, and definitely should, contact them directly. I am certain that they would agree that for business use, you need a Pro License.