"mailto" Not Working?

In Windows 10, I set eM Client as the default email app. I want to be able to click on a link on Firefox and have eM Client automatically create a new email to that address. When I set MS Outlook to be the default email client, I can click on an email link and Outlook creaets a new, addressed email.

However, when I click on an email link in Firefox, eM Client comes up, but there is no new email with the chosen email address already in the “To” field. How do I get eM Client to create and address a new email?

Richard

jueves 26 agosto 2021 :: 1839hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @richardm

This is not an issue with eMC, it is because your OS does not have an app associated with email.

Do this:
Go to Settings in Win10:
->Apps ->Default Apps ->On left select Default Apps ->Set Defaults by App ->Scroll down to eM Client ->Select ->Manage ->this will allow you to select File type & associations where you need:
->.eml, .ics, .msg, .vcf, MAILTO, WEBCAL, WEBCALS

That’s it, although I’ve needed to guess some of it as my system is already set up.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]

Thanks. I did already associate eM Client as my default email app. When I click on an email link in Firefox, eM Client opens. However, it does not create a new, addressed email.

Richard

jueves 26 agosto 2021 :: 1946hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @richardm

I don’t use Firefox so am unable to comment on its capabilities, however,
I do know that the several email links work correctly on this site:

Perhaps you would like test one or more with your version of Firefox.
I maintain this as a hobby and an aid to anyone wanting to edit Themes.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]

I have the same issue. Mailto-Links clicked in FF on Windows 10 open eM Client, but no new-mail-window.
Mailto-Links in Edge open a new-mail-window with e-mail address filled out.
eM Client 9.1.2109 (9967b93)

Roman