MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Invalid timezone. Id: W. Australia Standard Time

Hi,
My Log is full of those exceptions. I get one every time I synchronise with the email server. I’m connecting to an exchange server and running version 7.0.27943.0:

10:46:39 omni [Exchange Web Services]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Invalid timezone. Id: W. Australia Standard Time, DisplayName: (UTC+08:00) Perth, Standard name: Standard, Daylight name: null ---\> System.ArgumentException: Invalid timezone. Id: W. Australia Standard Time, DisplayName: (UTC+08:00) Perth, Standard name: Standard, Daylight name: null ---\> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.10:46:39 Parameter name: value
10:46:39    at VObject.Values.Text..ctor(String value)
10:46:39    at VObject.CalendarProperties.TzName..ctor(String value)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Schedule.TimeZone.TimeZoneConvert.ToiCalendar(TimeZoneInfo timeZoneInfo)
10:46:39    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
10:46:39    at MailClient.Schedule.TimeZone.TimeZoneConvert.ToiCalendar(TimeZoneInfo timeZoneInfo)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Storage.Schedule.TimeZone.Data.TimeZoneRegistry.StoreTimeZone(TimeZoneInfo timeZone)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Storage.Schedule.Data.DbScheduleRepository.Store(IScheduleRepositoryItem evnt)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository`1.Add[ST](Object senderContext, IEnumerable`1 items)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Storage.Attachment.Data.ItemWithAttachmentRepositoryAdapter`1.Add[ST](Object senderContext, IEnumerable`1 items)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection`2.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Storage.Application.ItemCollection`2.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 items)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext`2.StoreItems(SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable`1 newItems)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ScheduleItemSynchronizeContext`1.StoreItems(SynchronizationType type, IEnumerable`1 newItems)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext`2.Synchronize[T](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable`1 items, Func`2 getUniqueId, Func`3 hasChanged, Func`2 isDeleted, Func`2 convertItems, Action`2 updateItem)
10:46:39    at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeItemSynchronizer`2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext`1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
10:46:39 &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass28\_0.<enqueuesynchronize>b__1(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>10:46:39    at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>10:46:39    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<br>10:46:39    at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>10:46:39    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)<br></enqueuesynchronize>

Cheers,
  Tom

Hello Tom,
please go to Menu>Tools>Settings>Advanced
Check Exchange logs for this account.
Restart eM Client.
When the error pops up again go to Advanced section again.
Click ‘Send logs’ but change the recipient to [email protected] and add a link to this forum thread to the message.

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,
Did you find in the logs what you were looking for?

Hello Tom,
yes, I actually just received a message from our programmers, this is a bug and the fix has been implemented in our internal versions.
It will be included in the next update.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Olivia

Was this issue correct yet? I am facing the exact same problem here.

Hello Raul,
please try installing this version and see if it resolves the issue for you.

Regards,
Olivia

Yes it does! Thank you Olivia.