Mail tracking feature?

Hi guys,
i would like to change from Mailbird to eM Client but i recognized eM Client is missing one important feature for me, the Mail tracking feature. I would love to see a email tracking feature so that I can see when my emails have been read like in Mailbird. Is it planned to implement this feature in the close future?
Thanks and regards!

miércoles 22 noviembre 2023 :: 1325hrs (UTC +0100)

The option is available in eMC at:

Menu ->Settings ->General ->Mail ->Receipts

You will of course be aware that this can be blocked by the recipient.

Obviously I don’t know where you are, however, that could be irrelevant.
FURTHER>>>>>
In Europe under GDPR you need explicit permission to track (read confirmation) any EU resident’s emails, whether they are prospects or customers, even if you are sending from outside the EU.
Without your recipients opting in to email tracking, GDPR legislation states you can not use email tracking to tell:
1,/ If an email you sent was opened and or read
2./ When that email was opened
3./ How many times it was opened
4./ If it was transferred to others
5./ To which email server it was sent, including its location
6./ What web navigator and operating system the recipient of the email uses.

skybat

¡Los mejores desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

2 Likes

I would love to see a email tracking feature so that I can see when my emails have been read like in Mailbird.

As per @skybat info above, you can enable to do that either manually in the compose window via clicking the icon, or automatically if enabled in Settings. See eM Client FAQ webpage Receipts info.

Go to “Menu / Settings / Mail / Receipts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Preferences / Mail / Receipts” (Mac)

https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/9.2/emclient/default.htm#Settings/Receipts.htm?Highlight=read%20receipt

Read Receipts

Check the Request a read receipt for all sent messages box to have an auto-generated confirmation message sent back to you when the recipient of your messages has opened and read your messages.

Delivery Receipts

Check the Request a delivery receipt for all sent messages box to have an auto-generated confirmation message sent back to you when your message has been delivered to the recipient’s server.

Thanks for the answers!
Isn’t that the normal (old) read receipt where the recipient gets a message if he wants to send a reading confirmation? … or is it already the new (hidden) tracking pixel one?

Is it already the new (hidden) tracking pixel one

eM Client “doesn’t send any hidden pixel email tracking” without the recipient’s knowledge as that wouldn’t be ethical. As the eM Client “Email Tracking” page below says (Quote) “it can be misused by spammers and phishers” so not a good feature to implement when sending due to privacy reasons.

eM Client Pro version “can however block hidden pixel tracking” if other mailers do send hidden pixel tracking.

“Email Tracking”

https://www.emclient.com/email-tracking

Quote extract below from the above page:

When is Email Tracking used

“These tracking technologies were originally designed and are mostly used by companies and individuals in email marketing. Tracking can provide a lot of useful information on metrics on user responses about how often the marketing emails are actually opened or if anything in the message caused the user to click on the links and come to the marketer’s website”.

“However, the same techniques are easily misused by spammers and phishers to verify that their emails are actually read, the email addresses that they used are indeed valid and active and that their emails made it past spam filters. When used maliciously, email tracking can be used to collect confidential information and create more efficient phishing schemes which is dangerous to both individuals and businesses”.

“Tracking pixels are able to show your actual IP address every time you open the message and nowadays with GeoIP services that means that the sender can find out your location very accurately, down to the street or even a building you were in at the time, opening you up to dangers not only online but in real life as well”.