Mail sync not working anymore / [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException

Hi, I received my last email monday morning 2021-11-15 00:30 AM. When I try to refresh the client shows a red warning sign next to my email address. The tooltip says “An attempt to connect to [email address] failed …”. You can find a log at the end of my post.

The issue initially occured on a clients device and I can´t tell for sure if something was updated/changed on his side but I was able to reproduce it on multiple other devices (windows 10, everything up-to-date) with freshly set up installations of the latest eM Client Version (8.2.1659 (845a639)) and I even tried it from different locations/networks -> same issue.

Of course I double checked the settings for the mail provider and I also tried “SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)” as suggested in another Topic here without any success.

An issue on the mail provider side seems also unlikely since I can sync the sam mail account with other mail clients (android/ios native mail, thunderbird on windows).

Hi, I received my last email monday morning 2021-11-15 00:30 AM. When I try to refresh the client shows a red warning sign next to my email address. The tooltip says “An attempt to connect to [email address] failed …”. You can find a log at the end of my post.

The issue initially occured on a clients device and I can´t tell for sure if there was something was updated/changed on his side but I was able to reproduce it on multiple other devices (windows 10, everything up-to-date) with freshly set up installations of the latest eM Client Version (8.2.1659 (845a639)) and I even tried it from different locations/networks -> same issue.

Of course I double checked the settings for the mail provider and I also tried “SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)” as suggested in another Topic here without any success.

An issue on the mail provider side seems also unlikely since I can sync the sam mail account with other mail clients (android/ios native mail, thunderbird on windows).

== LOG ==
Please note I had to modify the email address since as a new user here I was not allowed to save my topic with more than two links in it.

20:53:39 info[at]neue-kunstgalerie[dot]com IMAP Synchronizing folder list
20:54:00 info[at]neue-kunstgalerie[dot]com [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Failed opening connection to server.
—> System.IO.IOException: Failed to connect to IMAP server host: mail.privateemail.com:993
—> System.InvalidOperationException: The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.GetStream()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.GetNetworkStream(TcpClient client, String host, Int32 port)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.GetNetworkStream(TcpClient client, String host, Int32 port)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClass80_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.UpgradeStreamAsync(Func2 callback) at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ConnectAsync(Func2 getStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnectionAsync(Folder mailFolder, Boolean noSelect) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext.CreateContextAsync(ImapAccount account) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.<EnqueueGetFolderList>b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<<SynchronizeAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() EnqueuedStackTrace = at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.EnqueueGetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, Action1 completed)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.GoOnlineInt()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState(Boolean online, OfflineReason offlineReason)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.GoOnline()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.Synchronize(SynchronizationPriority priority)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Receive()
at MailClient.UI.Controls.Folders.controlFolders.treeView_NodeClicked(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlTreeView.ControlTreeView.OnNodeClicked(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlTreeView.ControlTreeView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.AutomationViewUserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.TouchScrollUserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Interop.User32.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.Interop.Mso.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(UIntPtr dwComponentID, msoloop uReason, Void* pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__169_1()
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Have you tried Completely disabling any VPN, anti-virus, firewall, or proxy, then trying again?

Were all attempts made to the same mail server? Who is the mail server host?

Have you tried Completely disabling any VPN, anti-virus, firewall, or proxy, then trying again?

Everything was deactivated

Were all attempts made to the same mail server?

Yes, it was always the same.

Who is the mail server host?

It is https://privateemail.com/

Have you made contact with private email?

Sure I did. No changes have been made on their side.