Mail Merge using external data source (xls, csv)

Hello,
is there an option to create mass e-mails where the data source is external xls, csv or similar file?
Or maybe an add-on would do this work?
There should be an option to link a simple spreadsheet with for example name, nickname, id, address, product id, url… and merge variable names into mail body.
Dear {nickname},
your id is {cleint_id} and your can find your document here: {url_ebook}
This link will expire {exp_date}. Thank you…

As example, there is an add-on for Thunderbird:

1 Like

I am looking for this exact feature and currently use Mail Merge for Thunderbird to compose emails.
I need to send emails with complex varying data each week that I have in an excel spreadsheet. I know eM Client has an “insert → variable” option, but I cannot seem to find a way to link this with an external data source.
Is this option available or will this be considered for future updates? Unfortunately this is the only reason holding me back from purchasing a license right now…
@Gary

1 Like

Unfortunately eM Client doesn’t support addons.

The builtin mass mail feature only has a very basic mail merge type function to replace variables from specific fields in the contacts, or add the date etc.

@Gary Thanks for your answer. I know that eM Client does not support addons, but was hoping that the mail merge function (insert → variable) was more advanced than the plain basic and could use an external data source…
Any idea if this is planned for a future version?

I haven’t seen anyone from Emclient saying this capability to refer to an external source such as Excel, is available for Emclient. Is this still the case as this post is a year and a half old, so hoping there is an update to this, one with a positive response of yes Emclient can do this, and this is how.

No, this option is not available in eM Client. Sorry.