mail folders available in my mail client are missing online in the imap account

I have the problem that I am missing many mail folders in my online IMAP mail account. Using the eM-Client I can see and use much more folders, but when accessing the mail account by the online website or a different mail client I am missing some folders. I really need those folders with their content, how can I fix the problem?

This is the view in the mail client
  This is what I see online

I’m using the eM-Client 6.0.21040.0 on my Windows7 computer. My mail account is located at my webhoster www.strato.de

Hi Thorsten, have you created these folders in eM Client? What folders are you missing, are you missing the “_*” folders, displayed at the beginning of the list in em Client? Is it possible your webmail displays these folders at the end of the list possibly?

Can you try to install this update on your computer and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21372/setup.msi?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

yes I think I created all of the missing foldes in eM Client.

Unfortunately the new version didn’t solve my problem.

Yes I’m missing 4 folders starting with ‘_’ , but those are not the only ones. And no, the folders beginning with ‘_’ are not displayed at the end of the list in the online account. I also renamed one folder from _Babyfotos to Babyfotos, but in my online account it still does not appear. Also the 4 foulders starting with 2014… are missing online. The two screenshots I made show the same folder ‘_aktuelles’, they sould look exactly the same.

I found a button to ‘repair’ the folder synchronisation, but as it tells me that it will sync everthing and delete local copies, I didn’t dare to use this button. I really need to keep the mails in my kind of local folders, loosing them in a re-sync would be a great loss! :frowning:

Any other ideas?
I activated the logging in the program some days ago, could that help you to analyze the problem? How can I upload a log file here?

Regards,
Thorsten

Hi again Thorsten, are you using an IMAP account? Can you please make a screenshot of your account settings in Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,
yes I am using an IMAP account. Find below my settings
Regards, Thorsten

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Right click your account in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button.

If the issue persists, please navigate back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the send logs button, please submit the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul