Mail attachments (ms office) open as read-only

Since some time now I have a problem with opening MS Office attachments. They only open as read-only, because the files are in a location that is not trusted (temp folder). And Office doesn’t allow to add AppData\Local\Temp\em Client temporary files as a trusted location. Is there a solution to fix this? Maybe change the location of the temp files?

martes 21 marzo 2023 :: 1204hrs (UTC +0100)

Suggest you save to a folder of your choice and open from there.

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

That’s just a workaround. This wasn’t always the case, it worked fine for a year or so, and suddenly it doesn’t any more. I work with many Word documents that I need to just open for a few seconds, check the wordcount and close it, so another step of saving the file and then opening it is an inconvenience if you multiple this by 50 files a day.

martes 21 marzo 2023 :: 1300hrs (UTC +0100)

Hey @lent

I see what you say, however, as a test I have just had a colleague in another country send me a word.docx as an attachment - it opens by clicking “Open” in the attachment in eMC with Microsoft Office Word 2021 NOT as “read only” and can be edited.
What version of eMC do you have?
What version of Microsoft Office?
Presumably from what you say it worked previously, what has changed on your system?

skybat

[email protected]

I don’t recall the specific moment when it stopped working like I want it to - so I presume it was either emClient update or Windows update, since I didn’t change anything.

emClient: 9.2.1628 (a307a94)
Office 365 with auto updates, so the current one.

martes 21 marzo 2023 :: 1441hrs (UTC +0100)

Hey @lent

As far as I am aware there is no reason why an eMC update would cause your issue and I can not comment concerning the Office 365 update

There is a more recent version of eMC here:

www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

In my opinion it is better to exit eMC before installing the update.
You should always make a Backup before installing (Menu ->Backup)

skybat

[email protected]