Mac keyboard shortcuts when closing unsaved draft message

I’m a new user of the Mac client, and while it’s mostly great, there are some inconsistencies with keyboard shortcuts. For example, when closing a draft message, I’m asked “Do you want to keep the draft?” with the options Yes, No, or Cancel. There’s no way to select No, despite N being underlined. (I’ve tried typing N, Cmd-N, etc. Most Mac apps would let me press N or Apple-D (for “Don’t Save”).

Another similar-seeming cross-platform issue: when I have a message open in its open window and I press “Delete,” the message is deleted and window is closed. But if I press “Backspace” (the more common shortcut for message deletion), the window becomes blank (the email content disappears) but the window doesn’t close and the message doesn’t actually get deleted.

Hope some of these small Mac issues can be resolved soon. Thanks.

When closing a draft message, I’m asked “Do you want to keep the draft?” with the options Yes, No, or Cancel. There’s no way to select No, despite N being underlined.

What i do is when the Yes, No , Cancel prompt appears, i press the “right arrow” twice and then hit enter / return key. Its not ideal but works. Yes would be good to have the keys “Command & N working”.

2 Likes

That’s super helpful! I never tried arrow keys!