Lots of mail unexpectedly moved to Junk E-mail folder

I haven’t been following this forum as closely as I should and maybe this topic has already been covered endlessly. If so, apologies.

Within the last week and a half or so, a lot of email messages I receive from my POP3 account are ending up in eM Client’s Junk E-Mail folder — including ALL messages from the eM Client forum itself. The first rule in my list of rules was designed to move mail from this forum into its own folder. The rule appears to be totally ignored now. No clue what’s causing this. How to put a stop to it? I’m slow to upgrade versions and have been using v. 7.0.27943.0 for quite some time, with few or no errors until now. I have not made changes to any of my eM Client rules.

It is always advisable to keep the application up to date. Also there were some significant changes from 7.0 to 7.1 versions. 

But there are some things you can check. Have a look at the Blacklist in Rules. and see if any of the addresses or domains going to Junk are listed there. If they are, delete them. If that does not work, you could also try disabling all Rules. Just untick them, and see what happens when emails arrive. You can also check to see if your server has added an X-Spam tag to those emails. This you will find by right-click on the emails and viewing the header.

Once an email has been moved to Junk, other Rules will not affect those emails.

Re: Have a look at the Blacklist in Rules. and see if any of the addresses or domains going to Junk are listed there.

The list doesn’t contain domains or addresses pertaining to the forum. I will check for “X-Spam” in the mail headers if this happens again. I say “if” because as of the latest mail run, the problem magically cleared itself up. (Perhaps it’s a quantum phenomenon: The moment someone observes it, the waveform collapses and items stop going into the junk mail folder. :slight_smile:

I thought of adding “Stop processing more rules” to the rule for eM Client forum mail, but doesn’t it tell the program to stop processing all other rules at that point? As an experiment I moved the eM Client client rule from first in the list of rules to last. (No idea if that made the difference today. Can’t imagine why it would.)

Re: It is always advisable to keep the application up to date. Also there were some significant changes from 7.0 to 7.1 versions.

I’ve been just plain paranoid. Usually I’m the one who gets all the bizarre bugs. But I’ve had almost no trouble with eM Client. I saw forum traffic about major problems when 7.1 appeared and thought: “Things are working fine…I’ll stick with what I have now.”

Thanks.

Let’s hope it continues to work as it should. :slight_smile:

If the 7.0 version is working for you, why not stick with it? There is one long time user on this forum who is still on version 6!

I guess that’s me :slight_smile:

But I’m planning to upgrade to 7.1 in a few weeks. Not that I have any issues with version 6 (as far as I know). Apart from multiple times sending the same e-mail with a (big) attachment if the internet connection is bad. But that issue also still exists in version 7.1 I believe. And oh yes: I believe version 7.1 has better support for iCloud contacts: support for multiple e-mails, phone numbers, URLs. Version 6 only has support for a fixed number of those items.

Yes, that’s you Hans. :slight_smile: