Lost mail, imap

Hello,

I have a problem with one mail account, i have a mail server, and emclient was set up with imap. So yesterday all my emails are gone, probably some problem with server, because folder for that account dissapeard somehow.

My question is, i found .dat file,size of about 2 Gb. That is probably database, is there a way to restore my mails from that file?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Dejan,

You can recover your messages by restoring eM Client backup you made in the past. In case you don’t have any backup i recommend you backup your current mails by clicking on Menu>File>Backup…, also you can do it by copying the entire database folder to another location or renaming it(Close eM Client completely before doing so).
If you have previous copy of whole database folder which is located here: C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client , you can also replace existing database but only with completely closed eM Client, if eM Client is running on background etc. you should quit it before making any changes because it could cause data loss.

If you need more help please contact us.