Lost local folders and contacts

I recently had some work done on my computer. And I neglected to make a backup of my email.
On bringing it home and signing in I see that the local folders and contacts are missing.
The Show Local Folders box is checked.
Is there anything I can do in the absence of a backup?

viernes 08 marzo 2024 :: 1039hrs (UTC +0100)

OK so what you need to do is:

Right Click in left column below favorites in the popup that shows select DISPLAY in the image it is highlighted and says MOSTRAR this new popup will show the folders you can select to display.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thank you for the reply, but not local folders appeared.

If there is nothing in Local folders after re-adding your account and you had no eM Client backup in your “Documents / eM Client” folder, then if you have a recent backup of your user profile or hard-disk, you can “copy the eM Client hidden database folder contents” and “then replace your current eM Client hidden database folder contents” and it will all come back to the same as it was when you reopen eM Client. Any new email since that time will then update from your server when eM Client syncs.

The eM Client hidden database folders for Windows and Mac are in the below locations.

“Hidden mail database folder Windows”

“Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client”

“Hidden mail database folder Mac”

“Users\yourusername\Library\Application Support\eM Client”

Lastly best to setup in future either “Automatic periodic backup” in eM Client via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” or regularly “Manually backup” eM Client via “Menu / Backup”.

Also make sure you are regularly copying your OS User profile to an external drive or cloud drive if you don’t do that already just incase your internal hard-disk dies which has happened to me a few times.

Then you can easily restore eM Client anytime if you need to via “Menu / File / Restore”.

Confused… Windows installation has no locations called “Hidden mail database folder Windows” despite checking the ‘show hidden folders’ box. What file names etc should I be looking for?

The database is the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there.

In WIndows 10:

In WIndows 11:

Thanks but I already said “despite checking the ‘show hidden folders’ box”

No, there is no folder called “Hidden mail database folder Windows”.

As I said, the database is the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there.