Lost data file

Lost data file - due to a Microsoft account problem, Microsoft rearranged my User files.  I am now unable to fine my eM Client data file.  I would really appreciate some help!

Often when reinstalling or refreshing Windows, the previous data files will be in C:\old.windows\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ or something similar. With eM Client closed you can copy the \eM Client\ folder from there to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\

Or, the easier method is just to restore your last backup.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I can’t find C:\old.windows\Users.  I would prefer to restore my last backup but, although I think its there, the app won’t recognize it.  I tried going in through a Command Prompt to do a restore but the app still will not recognize the backup.  I would really appreciate your help.

So then maybe there is more than one profile in C:\Users.

With eM Client closed, copy the \eM Client\ folder from the C:\Users\old username\AppData\Roaming\ to the C:\Users\new username\AppData\Roaming\ directory. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there.

If you want to do a restore, in eM Client go to Menu > File > Restore. If the backup is not listed you will need to point to the location where the backups were saved.

I found the location of the backup but when I point to it the app doesn’t recognize it.

You can restore in manually.

With eM Client closed, open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. Delete everything in that directory.

Extract the zip file to that directory.

Restart eM Client.

Got it!  Thank you very much!