Lost all my emails - what can I do?

I rebooted my laptop when I got home today and em client hadn’t completely closed down. When the laptop was coming back up, I accidentally pressed cancel. When I opened em client, all my emails had disappeared. I managed to reconnect one of the email accounts I use, but the emails here are two years old.

Is there anyway I can find my emails from the last couple of years, or do I have to accept that they are lost and start again.

Thanks

Carol

That really depends on where the messages were saved. If you are using an IMAP or Exchange account, then your messages are save on the server, not your computer. Repairing the folder should force a resync with the server. You can do that by right-click on the affected folder and choosing Properties > Repair. If it is a Gmail or Gsuite account, right-click on the All Mail folder instead.

If your account is setup as POP3, then the messages are saved on your computer. Do not remove the account from eM Client as that will permanently delete any messages for that account. In stead, close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe and see what happens. If the data is corrupt and cannot be repaired, then you will need to restore from your most recent backup.