Lost all email and contacts folders

Today my eM client decided not to send any emails.
The advice was to delete eM client from my computer and download the latest free version.
This I did and now have the latest version, but all my folders have disappeared.
So I looked in my Recycle Bin and restored all the eM client folders I found there. Still no email folders or contacts.
I then found all the backups that eM client had made and stored on my computer. However I cannot find a method of restoring them to the new version or the restored version of e M client.
My computer runs Windows 7 64 bit. Please help.

viernes 24 junio 2022 :: 0821hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @NoviceJohn

If you have Backup/s, to restore your eMC files/folders go to:
Menu ->File ->Restore → you will at this stage need to point to the most recent
Backup the name will be something like: backup_202206231900.zip which is…
backup_year_month_date_time.zip

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hi Skybat,
Many thanks for trying to help me. However nothing is being restored.
I did as you said “Menu-File -Restore”, then found my “backup” and clicked on it. The computer showed that a backup was being moved, but when I tried to find it in my new eM client it had disappeared.
I tried this using the zip file and the extracted file of the zip file, to no effect. I even tried to restore my “Local Folders” file separately, but was greeted with the Message, “Local folders does not support the required item type. Please select a compatible folder”.
I believe that some instruction is missing between “Menu-file-restore” and the highlighting of the required “Backup”.
Any ides?
John

martes 28 junio 2022 :: 0922hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @NoviceJohn

You should seriously consider upgrading from Windows 7 as this is no longer supported by Microsoft.

The first thing you need to do is to locate the Backup file that you have and move it to your desktop for ease.
Without this Backup file you can not run restore.

I do not know exactly what you are or have been doing, maybe I do not understand your meaning or you have not explained very well.
You do not need to move anything or unzip any files, other than the above move, to Restore.
Do this nothing else, of course this action will only work if you have given the correct information in the first place.
NOW
Go to: Menu ->File ->Restore ->Click Yes ->If there is no Backup file available in the default or other specified location a window will open automatically (this may be hidden behind the eMC window) ->Browse from here to the Backup file you placed on your Desktop ->Select the file ->If you have done this correctly Restore will run automatically.
Once this has been done successfully you need to setup automatic Backup in eMC for future use - I suggest the maximum.

¡Muy Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hi Skybat,
Very many thanks for again taking the time to help me.
I followed your instructions exactly and they nearly worked.
The problem lies in the fact that eM Client will not accept any files, when I hit Restore.
This is what happens :- When I hit the “Restore” button, a “Transfering files” window appears with a green progress bar to show that the files are being transferred from the “Backup” to folders in eM Client.
This window closes after one second, with the green progress bar at one quarter of its possible length.
(I know that the windows “Tranfering files” window is working, because I had to update my Libre Office suite and that same window appeared and all files were successfully transferred.)
Is there a way to extract the DAT files from the Backup, so that I can keep them in a readable folder for reference? I only need my “Contacts” and “Local Folders” folders from the previous version of eM Client
Best wishes,
John

viernes 01 julio 2022 :: 1138hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @NoviceJohn

I am sorry you have problems still.
I do not know if you do things correctly because of the words you use.
When you click Restore this is what you should see:
restore
This is Spanish with the Title:
Confirmar restauración
In English you see:
Restore Confirmation
Now you Click: In Spanish: Si
In English: Yes
You say ‘Transferring’ this word does not appear in the process.
What you should see is:
A window with:
EMClient Restore Tool (same in Spanish & English as not translated)
Unpacking → with the name of the files being unpacked in order
If you see anything else you are not in right place.
You can not compare what happens with Libre Office and eMC.

I am concerned that the Backup file you use is corrupt because you have,
I think you have looked at extraction.
¿How many Backup files do you have?
If you have more than one, select a different one that you have NOT
done anything with and try again.
¿Finally do you know what version of eMC you had before problems?

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]