login credentials

I get repeated requests to enter password for my gmail account.  I have used EM for a while, this issue just started recently.  I go to Account Diagnostics and enter and save the password, EM verifies and OK’s the info.  It may be a day or two later, I get the request for PW again and the Diagnostics indicate it is Unknown.

I have exactly the same problem. It was fixed with last update but started again after a while.

Hello Rob, hello Alexander, I’m sorry to see this, what exact version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Can you please make a screenshot of the issue? Are you seeing any additional errors when synchronising your account with eM Client? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the applications ability to connect to the mail server?

Thank you,

Release number:

I can’t make screenshot right now because I’ve closed the request minute ago. But it is just ordinary google synchronisation window and it appears without any additional errors. I use AVG antivirus free on my computer.

Please make a screenshot of the issue, when it reoccurs and submit it to us here on the forum for more information.

You can also try to update to this release which includes a couple of minor fixes, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22504/setup.msi and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Screenshot of the issue:

Hello Alexander, we’ve came across this issue on couple of installations of eM Client, but unfortunately we’re unable to reproduce the error. Some of the users have experienced this while waking the computer up from sleep but it seems like that’s not your case.

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP and XMPP logging for the problematic account in eM Client?

Save the settings, replicate the issue and once the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button. Please submit the data to my work mail, mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic for more information about this issue.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,

About the same time this issue started with eM, I had similar password requests through Mozilla Thunderbird that I use at work.  Those requests referred to the password for Google Contacts.  A comment related to that issue was posted that Google Contacts is now a separate app from Mail, and the password used for Mail could not be read for Contacts so a software update is required for this Google change.  I will pass it on in case this could be similar.

Hello Rob, thank you for this update, I’ll make sure to pass this to the developers in case this might be a pointer to the right direction in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you for following up with us on this problem.


I have this frequently as well. I use hibernate regularly though. ENabled the logging for now like you wrote.