Local Folders - User Guide needed

I am having difficulty inserting a new local folder in the right place. Also there are local folders I don’t want such as Archive etc which I cannot seem to delete. When I try to insert a new folder it seems to put it as a sub folder of an existing one. Is there a guide to Local Folders I could read ?

jueves 16 septiembre 2021 :: 1547hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @gordon3

Here is a link to the latest Help file:

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Unfortunately you can’t delete the system folders like Trash, Drafts etc. but you can hide them. Right-click on the folder and choose Hide. It will be banished to the More folder.

To create a folder on the same level as Inbox, right-click on Local Folders and choose New Folder. You can also move the folders if you created them in the wrong place by dragging them and dropping on Local Folders.

Thanks Skybat and Gary for your responses.
I now find I am able to drag and drop folders to where I wish which is a great help. I had tried before to do this without success so must have been doing something wrong. What I cannot fathom is how to correctly site a new local folder as it always seems to want to become a sub folder. Anyway, the drag and drop feature does the job.
I have not been able to “hide” the Local Folder Inbox, Outbox, Trash etc. “Hide” is ticked for what reason I know not and when I try to hide the aforementioned boxes in they stay where they are. Personally I only use Local Folders to store important emails I wish to retain under specific headings, which is presumably what they are for, so what purpose the Inbox, Outbox etc serve I cannot fathom.
I have been unable to locate guidance specific to Local Folders in the eM Client Web Documents I’m afraid.
Thanks again for your help.

viernes 17 septiembre 2021 :: 1819hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @gordon3

I use Local Folders more or less the same way. I just experimented:
Right Click ->Local Folders ->Show/hide folders -> change back & forward between Hide/Show/Hide
Re-boot eMC all that is displayed are the specific folders I have created.

What version of eMC are you running? Menu -> Help ->License … will display version.

Yes, unfortunately there some gaps in the Help file.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo primero español, portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thanks again Gary. On my 2nd attempt at doing as you suggested I have been able to hide the Inbox, Sent box etc. They are all hidden under “More” which is right at the bottom of all folders I have added over the years which is fine by me.