Limit on BCC

I am using the free version. When I send a message to a group using BCC only the first 17 on the list get it. The rest are deleted. Is this a known feature? If so why?

Hi Les,
there shouldn’t be any limit on how many BCC recipients you can have.
Can you tell us more about your situation? How do you know only the first 17 got it? Did it happen numerous times or was it just one instance? What version of eM Client are you running?

Best regards,
Olivia

Thanks for replying. I’m using version 6.0.23181.0.

I keep a list of 32 e-mail addresses in a text file - no formatting present, no punctuation separating the lines. I highlight and copy the list, and paste into a bcc box on my draft message. When I send it the first 17 people on the list receive the message. When I check in my Sent folder the list of recipients has been truncated. Maybe I’m doing something stupid, but I can’t see what.

Thanks again

Les

Hi Les,
I tested this just now on 20 addresses and it worked just fine. I’m going to have to find out more about your situation to solve the issue.

Can you tell me what mail service you’re using (gmail, outlook, etc?) and how your account is set up (IMAP, POP, …) ?
In the sent folder the header actually says the Bcc was only sent to 17 people? Do you think that all the addresses you’re sending this to still active?

Regards,
Olivia

Dear Olivia

Your message made me realise something must be wrong at my end, so I checked my file more carefully. I know I should have done it sooner. A semi-colon had crept in at the end of the 17th address, and this must work as a terminator or something. I’m sure you are right, and my group will now work.

Apologies for wasting your time, and thanks for your help

Les

Hi Les,
I’m glad the situation is resolved now, then :slight_smile:
If this is a list of recipients you use often though, I do recommend setting up a distribution list in your Contacts to avoid these problems in the future, since the addresses with be separated correctly and you can save time with copy pasting and just input the name of the list. But that’s just a personal tip.

Best regards,
Olivia