Limit imap inbox to only receive "last xxx days" mail

Hi!
Is it possible to set a limit when syncing mail by imap? I mean, I have an email address from 1996, with more than 100.000 email received. I just would like em to sync starting from last 2 months mail, or last week. It is something I am able to do with the email client on my android phone for example.
I configured this address and I can’t find any setting to limit this, it’s downloading everything since 1996 :confused:

Thanks!

Hi, unfortunately it is not possible to limit the sync to the last X messages, eM Client by default only synchronizes the headers of your email and downloads the body content once you click on the message while online, this will request a download of the content unless of course you have the “Download messages for offline use” enabled, which would automatically download the body content while synchronizing your messages.

Regards,
Paul

Thanks Paul,
I know imap just sync headers , but please consider a function like “don’t sync messages older than xxx days” , I found this very very useful even on Maildroid for Adroid for example. The reason is that you may want to download the content of mails for offline usage even if you are on imap, but imagine how many gigabytes are 20 years of mails :smiley: It would be useful to only have last month inbox for example.

Thanks again

Outlook 2016 (and earlier) has an option emClient should have, that is, the ability to limit the time period for which email is kept offline. In Outlook the available time periods are 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, and All. 

Adding this feature might help address a problem that emClient has, which is that with increasing amounts of offline mail in its database it gets increasingly sluggish.

To the original poster, if this is still a problem and you use Gmail, you can set it in Gmail IMAP/POP settings to only download the last 1000/2000/5000/10000 or All messages.

Great thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Alan, unfortunately I have a Yahoo account an there’s no setting like this…